Notices

Another Harewood Hill record

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2011, 08:09 PM
Caged "R"
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Harewood Hill record

You guys may be interested to hear I did my 2nd ever hillclimb on August 6th (my Birthday!)

I had lots of family make the pilgrimage to Yorkshire only to see me go ***** out in the rain on the 1st practice then this..

Although not as impressive as the Lateral Banana, I'm in the road going class with half the power (in case you were wondering he was 10 seconds quicker!!) At least the Scoobs have 2 records now

To cut a long & heart breaking, metal bending story short, I ended up winning my class & beating the 5 year old class record by over 8 seconds Here is a small write up:

Harewood 6th August Round 19
07/08/2011

"The weather forecasters had been predicting rain for several days before the round at Harewood, though from the skies on Friday night there was a faint hope that they may have got it wrong……….they didn’t. Even before first practice the rain had fallen and conditions were slippery until after lunchtime when conditions slowly improved until we had a bone dry circuit for the 4th and final run of the day.

Fifteen of the HSA Championship contenders made the journey, some of them having a better day than others due to the weather conditions. Paul Cutts in his Subaru Type R decided to test his 4x4 capabilities to their fullest but sadly caused some damage to the front end with an excursion off the tarmac. He could be seen frantically working away in the paddock straightening boost pipes with all manner of tools and finally succeeded with the aid of some tank tape to be back on the start line for the timed runs in the afternoon, it certainly didn't hold him back as he set a new HSA A3 class record with 70.74"

The final round is at Shelsley Walsh on September 18th, we'll see if it survives!
Old 18 August 2011, 12:16 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Hi Paul, bad luck on the off!

Which class were you in?

Steven
Old 18 August 2011, 09:02 PM
Caged "R"
Scooby Regular

Hi Steven, I am in the standard road going class (A3) but had to step up to 1C in order to get an entry.

Why not come to Shelsley Walsh next month? I was only 3 or 4 seconds behind Keith Edwards & the like on my first outing & it's a horsepower hill! Think you'd go really well there.
Old 18 August 2011, 09:11 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Congratulations Paul, glad to see the teddy stopped in the pram and you got on with it!!

Rob
Old 19 August 2011, 10:21 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Originally Posted by Caged "R"
Hi Steven, I am in the standard road going class (A3) but had to step up to 1C in order to get an entry.

Why not come to Shelsley Walsh next month? I was only 3 or 4 seconds behind Keith Edwards & the like on my first outing & it's a horsepower hill! Think you'd go really well there.
Ahh, thats what confused me re the record, as Paul Martin has the 1C record of 62.3something, didnt realise it was A3.

Think Shelsley clashes with something else. Maybe next year.