Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is proving very popular
Old 30 January 2009, 11:22 AM
mechell
Scooby Regular

Default For those that don't know ;)

The main piece: The Spa track day :

This year the day will happen on Monday 4th of May 2009 (a bank holiday).

The format is exactly what you'd expect from an MLR trackday; open pit lane, professional instruction, tyre services and trackside photography. We're also aiming to be able to offer paddock support so niggly little problems won't stop you enjoying the day.

MLR member price is only £229.00 (non member £249.00) and can be booked through the MLR Shop and or SIDC until the day is full, so please book as soon as possible as this is a popular event!

Please note that as for the previous editions, this day is not restricted to Mitsubishi cars.

Additional charges on the Day :

Garages: £75 / €75 Max 2 cars allowed, pre booking possible for people who already fully paid their day. Contact Greg on spa@destexhe.com
Additional drivers: £50 / €50
Passengers: £20 / €20
Helmet Hire: £20 with £50 deposit / €20 and €50 deposit
Lunch: Catering available at the track restaurant at very affordable price (lunch and breakfast – details to be confirmed)

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS:

Just as last year (and for the years to come!) the circuit does have a problem with noise and they are working with the locals and the government to come to a satisfactory agreement for everyone, starting with trying to spread the noisy days throughout the weeks and not having a noisy trackday immediately after a race meeting (which our day does).

The way they are looking at it is if a car is road registered it should be relatively quiet and meet European road traffic laws (around 98db) - ie: not an ex race car or similar, so the cars we take should be ok even though some wouldn't pass 98db limit. They are not saying that all the cars have to meet 98db (this year!) but have asked the MLR to ensure all cars attending respect the problem they have, and it's in all our interests to make sure we do. If we have a lot of noisy cars we seriously risk not being allowed back so please DO NOT assume your car will be ok!

- do what you can to ensure your car runs under 102db
- get it checked at a circuit or using a noise meter readily available on the web (test: 1/2m at 45deg and at 3/4 rev range)
- if you have a side exit exhaust, take it off and run a quieter system
- do not remove any removable silencers

If you have any concerns or questions about your car please email or PM Darin or Greg.

The Nürburgring :

Just as last year we will be dropping by the Nürburgring again which is currently planned to be open on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd. The MLR will be there on Sunday 3rd.

As in previous years Darin is talking to Mitsubishi UK about taking an Evo X for Daniel (our chief instructor) to use for driver tuition and demonstration vehicle. If it goes ahead this service will be at an extra cost of €20 per person to cover Daniel's fee and the fuel. If you haven't been before we offer this because Daniel is one of the most qualified Nurburgring instructors, so you can get the most from a relatively short time at this incredible circuit.
Old 30 January 2009, 12:35 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Crossroad Motorsport are also taking their MY08 Development car and will be offering passenger laps
Old 30 January 2009, 02:53 PM
Mark1983
Scooby Regular

Regarding the charging of €20 per lap with an instructor at the Nurburgring... correct me if I'm wrong but I thought RSR were the only company allowed to charge for tuition on the Nordschleife during Touristenfahrten as they have the contract with Nurburgring GmbH?

Last edited by Mark1983; 30 January 2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 30 January 2009, 03:44 PM
mechell
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark1983
Regarding the charging of €20 per lap with an instructor at the Nurburgring... correct me if I'm wrong but I thought RSR were the only company allowed to charge for tuition on the Nordschleife during Touristenfahrten as they have the contract with Nurburgring GmbH?

it's not tuition - its (historically) in a New Mitsubishi that CCC lend us - to show potential customers what the car is capable of.. Last year we had a brand new Evo X.. but we couldn't let anyone drive it themselves.. The cost is pretty much to cover fuel only

The above was written by Greg who is Belgian, and now that I have re-read it, I see what you mean

Daniel does provide tuition at Spa, and will take you out in the Mitsubishi (if we are lucky enough to get one) at the Ring.

Last edited by mechell; 30 January 2009 at 03:47 PM.