12v supply for Boost & SPA digital guages

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2003, 04:36 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Hi,

Got a question for anyone running an Autometer boost or SPA dual Oil Temp/Pressure gauge.

The boost gauge simply has a 12v & gnd connection for the bulb. I assume this is a 12v Illumination supply (i.e. only on with the lights). Since I want to mount this on the a-pillar can anyone tell me where to take this supply from?

Likewise, my SPA gauge has 12v & gnd, but since this a an electrical guage, I would assume it needs a constant 12v supply with the ignition. Can anyone tell me which wires (near the a-pillar) can be tapped?

Does the SPA illumination stay on with the ignition then or can it be switched on/off through the menu system?

Cheers,
Stefan
Old 02 June 2003, 04:46 PM
SCOOBY TOWERS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a classic MY99 and for the boost guage light I took my power from the back of the fog light switch ( purple wire if I remember correctly)and fed it up the back of the dash and out at the side of the A pillar.
Earthed it with a spade connection to a nearby nut & bolt.
Its a lot easier if you remove the lower part of the drivers dash - three bolts to undo and one pull and it pops out.
There is only power here when the lights are switched on.
I think most people use the back of the cig lighter for permanant live feed, but I've not used that yet.
Can't remember the exact thread - but I'll find it again if you need it - just ask.

Chris
Old 02 June 2003, 05:04 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Chris.

I had the dash apart on Saturday, but there's loads of wires and I just wanted to know what everyone else used since there must be one or two with a-pillar pods

I'll have a look tonight and take some pics. Hopefully I'll have an idea and get all the right bits ordered tomorrow.

Stefan