Notices

JAE is gonna be BIG

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2005, 10:19 AM
DannyBoyTurbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JAE is gonna be BIG

Me, RobHarris and TheBlacksheep attended a meeting yesterday for the organisers of the Japanese Auto Extravaganza which if you haven't already heard is the biggest and best jap show of the year held at the end of of July. We were representing Scoobycity and the SIDC as we're having a joint stand.

This show is usually held at Billing Aquadrome but this year its moving to the Peterbourgh Showground basically because it ran out of room at the previous venue. So the meeting was really just to answer any concerns we may have about the new place and to get a feel for the place before the mayhem hits.

The layout is somewhat different to what we were used to. The camping, trade and club stands each have seperate areas so we were a bit worried the stand would be miles from the tents but to our suprise they allowed us to pick our own pitch

After much deliberation and arguing with other clubs I think we bagged the best stand in the whole ground easily capable of holding the 200 Scoobys we're expecting.

1) Its massive,
2) It is long and thin which means the cars won't be all bunched up.
3) The camp site is just next door and I've reserved the whole corner of it for us.
4) We're right by the main entrance, easy to find and seen by everyone.
5) Toilet/Shower block opposite.

I could go on but it really is most perfic

I forgot my camera but I managed to get some snaps on my phone and join them together. I know it looks like the end of stand is rediculously far back but it really is that big.

The other pic is a spy shot of one side of the grounds. Excuse the really dodgy markings on it but heres the general gist of it...

S = Ours stand
C = Camping area
c = Our designated camping area
T = Trade areas
O = Other club stands
A = Arena for Show n Shine and flame contest
E = Main entrance and the 3 lane road follows behind our stand

If you haven't already got your name down be quick cos tickets are selling fast...
http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/phpBB2/v...ic.php?t=12824

See ya there

DannyBoy
Chairman of Scoobycity

Last edited by DannyBoyTurbo; 15 May 2005 at 10:22 AM.