Notices

Blobeye suspension onto Bugeye - just rear top mounts required?

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2013, 10:10 PM
Mr.Two
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blobeye suspension onto Bugeye - just rear top mounts required?

Sorry - I know this question has been asked over and over, but seems nobody can ever agree on forums so I want to be sure!

I want to put these on my 2001 Bugeye WRX http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1711872515...84.m1423.l2649 (2004 Blobeye shocks and Prodrive springs) - am I right in thinking that they will fit as long as they include the Blobeye top mounts? I'll be looking to upgrade to Koni or Tokico shocks in the future but short on cash at the moment and two of my HKS Hipermax shocks are knackered so the car is handling like crapola

Thanks
Old 05 December 2013, 12:32 AM
Mr.Two
Scooby Regular

Guess I'll just have to buy them and risk wasting my money! All I'm after is a yes or no
Old 05 December 2013, 03:17 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi there

They should fit without the problem although I think you will need to use spacer on rear shocks if you want to use yours existing top mounts(WRX),but if you will fit with the top mounts then they should fit without the issue

Jura
Old 05 December 2013, 01:43 PM
Mr.Two
Scooby Regular

Ok thanks!

I've bought some KYB Ultra SR's with STI springs now, apparently they'll fit between 01-04 WRX/STI. Is there any chance the top mounts from the broken coilovers that are currently on my car could just be transferred over and used with the new shocks? They have camber adjustment which would be nice
Old 06 December 2013, 12:16 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.Two
Ok thanks!

I've bought some KYB Ultra SR's with STI springs now, apparently they'll fit between 01-04 WRX/STI. Is there any chance the top mounts from the broken coilovers that are currently on my car could just be transferred over and used with the new shocks? They have camber adjustment which would be nice
Hi there

Blobeye STI onwards have different top mounts and if you want to use Blobeye shocks on yors existing top mounts you will need use some sort of spacers,I will try find this thread over on Nasioc

Using yours coilovers top mounts will be and can be difficult,but you can try,I think this will not work as you think,but its worth to try at least

Jura