Classic coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2013, 01:40 PM
Group4Wheels
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic coilovers

Hi,

The more I read, the more confused I get (nothing new there then). Who is generally regarded as being knowledgable in the black art of suspension? The car will be used predominantly as a road car but I would like to do a few track days and hill climbs. I realise I can't have have the best of both worlds and it has to be a compromise but this is the way it is for most folk I assume?

Regards

Jonathan
Old 23 November 2013, 03:53 PM
silverware
Scooby Newbie

Eibach Pro Street S.
Not too harsh for a daily driver on poor roads, firm enough to improve cornering and handling, no issues with adjusting your dampers, good build quality and not overly expensive.
Old 23 November 2013, 04:26 PM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

It depends on your budget, you can get very good entry level suspensions for around the £700 mark (such as the MeisterR Zeta-R).

Then the next step you go up to more custom build suspension such as the MeisterR GT1, and those are normally around the £1500 mark.

The main concern for a road going track car is that the car need to be compliant for uneven road surfaces, so you can drive it every day without feeling battered.
It will also need to absorb those bump and provide traction on poor surfaces.

Once you get yourself on to a flat track surfaces, then you can use the damping adjustments to push those tyres down to the ground and get better traction.
The stiffer damping will also slow down body roll and provide sharper steering response.

It depends on what you are after and your budget, I am happy to provide any assistance should you need any.

Jerrick