Notices

2003 Blob eye STi - Plastic rear sway bar brackets ?

Search this Thread

Old 28 May 2013, 09:16 AM
STi_Guy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Blob eye STi - Plastic rear sway bar brackets ?

Morning all, hoping for a little advice. I am about to get an H&R ARB kit front & rear for my 2003 wrx sti type UK (prodrive). On speaking with the supplier he asked if I had the plastic sway bar mounting brackets or the steel ones (I assume this is the bracket that the rubber bushes sit in). Even after looking under the car (though not on a ramp) I am unable to tell what brackets this model sti has. A bit of research on the web gives me the idea that the sti had the plastic mounts until 2004, and from the hawk eye onwards were changed to steel. So my guess is plastic.

If anyone has an idea what the OEM brackets for the 2003 blob eye are (plastic vs steel), this would be greatly appreciated, cheers !
Old 29 May 2013, 06:33 AM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Hi

Are we talking about The brakets that hold the ARB itself? Where you put the bushes and the bar? Then their all steel, otherwise you'd rip them off on your 1st sideways , he probably meant the drop links, which in standart are plastic, and when upgrading the ARB you need the solid ones as a supporting mod. Although there are alu brackets to replace the steel ones, the design is better than OEM ones , their higher and stronger. Whiteline do them at extra cost.

When speaking to Alyn@AsPerfomance he advised me , that it's not necessary at the certain stage. Don't overkill when buying mods , do your home work instead , it will save you alot of wonga.

Old 08 June 2013, 08:07 PM
STi_Guy
Scooby Newbie

Thanks mate, makes perfect sense, can't believe i didn't notice them before. Am pleased to report that they have now been fitted and seem to be working well !