Notices

Vibration through wheel - post ARB install

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2013, 07:16 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vibration through wheel - post ARB install

Hi all, I've had front and rear ARBs and solid droplinks fitted (supplied by CDF Racing, fitted by Richard Henry - Bradford) today and unfortunately on the way back, I was experiencing vibrations through the steering at over 60mph.

The vibration seem to get more aggressive the faster I get, dabbing the brakes doesn't really change it so I'm not sure it's a pad/disc issue.

To give a bit of background, both my discs and pads all round are new - I fitted the fronts before going to RH and RH fitted the rears for me (I ran out of time). The vibration wasn't occurring on the drive to RH with the changed fronts, so I doubt I've got a warped disc.

The car was pulling slightly to the left before going to RH, and they couldn't resolve that with the alignment they did after fitting so they swapped my rear tyres (aging Sport Contact 3's) with the fronts (2month old Rainsport2s).

I'm guessing the change is bound to be my tyres, so I'll swap them back around tomorrow morning. If it fixes it, I'll replace the sport contacts - job done.

If not, what else should I check? I'll make sure all the new droplinks etc are nice and tight - but I've got bags of confidence in the lads @ RH so I doubt I'll find anything obvious.

Could the ARBs/Links themselves simply be amplifying sensations which always existed? I highly doubt it, the vibrations have been enough to knock my confidence in the car completely - so hardly doing their job!
Old 03 May 2013, 08:53 PM
firthy22
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the vibration when you are breaking or just driving normally. If it's normal driving without breaking I'll put money on it that it's wheels out of balance which could possibly be highlighted a bit more now that the front is stiffened up.
Old 04 May 2013, 03:31 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers Firthy. Went to get balance sorted this morning, turns out I've got a buckled rim