Notices

Eibach pro kit user review and picture request (06-07 STi)

Search this Thread

Old 05 March 2013, 11:25 AM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach pro kit user review and picture request (06-07 STi)

Hi guy's,

I've been breaking my head over this for quite some time and have put countless hours in trying to find the best spring for my stock struts. I've seen/read most of the lowering springs faq's on nasioc and iwsti and have learned at least a bit on lowering springs but now i need some hands-on experiences and pictures from people arround here.

What i made up from the countless hours of reading/searching:

-Tein S-techs destroy the handling (only good for looks)
-JDM pink's are what the STi should have come with as standard and don't drop too much ( good performance vs looks springs )
-RCE springs are about as good as you can get for the stock struts (according to iwsti/nasioc) but aren't sold outside of the us as far as i know
-Eibach springs probably drop a bit too much to be on the right spot but not near as worse as the teins
-Prodrive springs offer virtually no drop but provide a mild upgrade in handling

So after searching alot for JDM pinks and coming up empty handed i guess my only option is the eibach's (also i can't put any non OEM spring through annual inspections unless these are EU approved such as KW/eibach/H&rR)

So does anyone here have hands-on experiences with the eibach pro kit 7713.140 ? Will i scrape speed bumps instantly with these? Our speedbumps here in belgium are not for the faint of heart i must say quite steep but my stock suspension has never ever scraped/hit on one yet. Only times i ever scraped was when both front wheels where in a gutter and there was an incline right next to it (driveway for example) also most pics i find are on a blob or don't have any front lip on the car ....

Anyone who can help me out? I really want to get rid of the 4x4 look but do not want to compromise the handling or have to grind to a halt at every speedbump etc. (not an easy task i know)

Kind regards,

G-X

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 05 March 2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05 March 2013, 11:37 AM
-Nic-
Scooby Regular

http://http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_detail.php?submit.x=56&submit.y=11&NUMBER=00 016314&VOLUME=1007G-020-S03&DEALER=1&CAR=115&MIDDLE=3&SMALL=9&MAKER=4&VOLK EY=&SEARCH_DEALER=1&SEARCH_CAR=115&SEARCH_MIDDLE=3 &SEARCH_SMALL=9&SEARCH_MAKER=&SEARCH_VOLKEY=&SEARC H_page=

STI pinks ??
Old 05 March 2013, 11:55 AM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

These are indeed available new but getting those would put me in near coilover money and i really cant justify spending that much on the car atm. If i were to import these i'd be paying: springs+shipping+21%VAT+10% import tax which is .... well insane to be honest.

saved this link a while ago from the us http://shop.edoperformance.com/sti-p...nk1i8k4asvbh45

I even managed to locate a guy in the us asking 265$ for JDM pink springs but i don't intend on paying a 31% surplus on a second hand item. (sending as a gift is probably illegal anyways)

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 05 March 2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05 March 2013, 03:40 PM
Scooby_Norm
Scooby Regular

I run the eibachs on my car dude. I live in N.Ireland, our roads are not exactly the greatest. I have to slow way down for some speed bumps but in general I can get over them. If I didn't have a front splitter I'd say it would clear all bumps no problem. Here's my car:

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...-my06-sti.html
Old 05 March 2013, 05:01 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby_Norm
I run the eibachs on my car dude. I live in N.Ireland, our roads are not exactly the greatest. I have to slow way down for some speed bumps but in general I can get over them. If I didn't have a front splitter I'd say it would clear all bumps no problem. Here's my car:

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...-my06-sti.html
Hmm that's lower than i expected ... though i can't tell for sure if i would ever run into problems on our roads the wheelgap looks "like it should be" but it's the front bumper i'm worried about as it sits quite low. I tried to get a pic from google maps but it doesn't really give a good view of the actual height of the speedbumps. Some are ferocious others are mild (why there are like 5 different kinds of bumps in a town with a 3km crossection i have no clue )

Since you have the lip do you scrape it on occation in "normal" daily driving? Could you measure the distance between the ground and the lip on the front bumper? That way i can have a better idea of what i can/can't clear

How is the ride btw? Ever driven on stock springs before the eibachs?

Thx

G-X

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 05 March 2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06 March 2013, 03:28 PM
Scooby_Norm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Guardian-X-
Hmm that's lower than i expected ... though i can't tell for sure if i would ever run into problems on our roads the wheelgap looks "like it should be" but it's the front bumper i'm worried about as it sits quite low. I tried to get a pic from google maps but it doesn't really give a good view of the actual height of the speedbumps. Some are ferocious others are mild (why there are like 5 different kinds of bumps in a town with a 3km crossection i have no clue )

Since you have the lip do you scrape it on occation in "normal" daily driving? Could you measure the distance between the ground and the lip on the front bumper? That way i can have a better idea of what i can/can't clear

How is the ride btw? Ever driven on stock springs before the eibachs?

Thx

G-X
I got the car with the Eibachs, I used to own a stock Clio 197 and to me the ride was harsher than the impreza with Eibachs, I would even say it handles minor bumpy country roads better than my girlfriends polo sel which is very bouncy. Put it this way, they still soak the bumps and will not break your back as long as your shocks are working ok.

I don't scrape on normal roads or fast slightly bumpy country roads, if I went down a road which was distorted due to bad weather or HGVs etc then it may scrape if you were going over 45mph.

In general I paid £60 for my splitter, if it scrapes I don't care because you can't see underneath it from normal persons view and I don't have any major scrubbing issues anyhow.

I can measure the height to bottom of splitter and to bottom of front bumper for you when I get home later.
Old 07 March 2013, 12:43 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Guardian-X-
Hi guy's,

I've been breaking my head over this for quite some time and have put countless hours in trying to find the best spring for my stock struts. I've seen/read most of the lowering springs faq's on nasioc and iwsti and have learned at least a bit on lowering springs but now i need some hands-on experiences and pictures from people arround here.

What i made up from the countless hours of reading/searching:

-Tein S-techs destroy the handling (only good for looks)
-JDM pink's are what the STi should have come with as standard and don't drop too much ( good performance vs looks springs )
-RCE springs are about as good as you can get for the stock struts (according to iwsti/nasioc) but aren't sold outside of the us as far as i know
-Eibach springs probably drop a bit too much to be on the right spot but not near as worse as the teins
-Prodrive springs offer virtually no drop but provide a mild upgrade in handling

So after searching alot for JDM pinks and coming up empty handed i guess my only option is the eibach's (also i can't put any non OEM spring through annual inspections unless these are EU approved such as KW/eibach/H&rR)

So does anyone here have hands-on experiences with the eibach pro kit 7713.140 ? Will i scrape speed bumps instantly with these? Our speedbumps here in belgium are not for the faint of heart i must say quite steep but my stock suspension has never ever scraped/hit on one yet. Only times i ever scraped was when both front wheels where in a gutter and there was an incline right next to it (driveway for example) also most pics i find are on a blob or don't have any front lip on the car ....

Anyone who can help me out? I really want to get rid of the 4x4 look but do not want to compromise the handling or have to grind to a halt at every speedbump etc. (not an easy task i know)

Kind regards,

G-X
i took the plunge Thierry and went for the Eibachs. the ones ive went for are the ones supplied by Subaru Pro-R but im pretty sure they are exact same spec as the Eibach Pro kit from anywhere else!

basically for insurance purposes i can say they are backed by Subaru UK

http://prorracing.co.uk/product/eiba...za-prokit-191/

Reading up on them they sounded perfect and then pics of Scooby_Norms car that swung it for me

Last edited by Gambit; 07 March 2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07 March 2013, 01:46 PM
Guardian-X-
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gambit
i took the plunge Thierry and went for the Eibachs. the ones ive went for are the ones supplied by Subaru Pro-R but im pretty sure they are exact same spec as the Eibach Pro kit from anywhere else!

basically for insurance purposes i can say they are backed by Subaru UK

http://prorracing.co.uk/product/eiba...za-prokit-191/

Reading up on them they sounded perfect and then pics of Scooby_Norms car that swung it for me
Oh i see. You are probably correct that the pro-r's are the same as the pro-kit sold anywhere else (only the 08+ have been manufactured by eibach FOR pro-r with their spec it seems)

I'l probably be follwing you in your decision as my options are very slim to say the least.

Scooby_norms car indeed looks very nice on the eibachs!

At first i was thinking i could wait until you have them on and hear your opinion on them but then again i have no other options anyway except for the JDM pinks. I'll have to wait till the end of march anyway cause i'm going to put the car through the annual inspections here before i lower it.

Also doing the grease nipple thing so it's going to take more than 1 day (maybe better till a wait until first week of april when i have 1 week vacation)

Glad you decided on the springs m8 hope you will like them (as i hope for myself aswell )
Old 04 April 2013, 09:50 AM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 231 Likes on 172 Posts

Ok so ive had the springs fitted and the car sits & rides perfectly now.

these pics are taking literally only a day after fitting so will prob settle another 5mm possibly

Before
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ps8e635ad9.jpg

After
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ps79f09022.jpg

The only 1 issue i have with these Eibach springs (which now after researching prev posts appears common) is the front clunk you get going over speed humps etc, caused by the springs going coil bound.

Im pretty certain this is because Eibachs are a progressive spring, as opposed to subaru springs being linear?!?

anyhow some plastic sleeving on bottom & top coils on front springs should hopefully correct this

the rears already have sleeving in place.

didnt go down the grease nipple route, shocks where just stripped cleaned and then repacked with marine grade grease which is thick enough to remain but soft enough to lubricate
Old 08 April 2013, 10:48 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Had same dilema , didnt want to go coilover route so springs had to be chosen. The market is very small for a new age impreza on these and there were other ones in US , like swift with very good reviews but silly money to ship them here...Eibachs were the only option , a bit to low, but with the geo correcting little mods i find it ok for my needs. Just replaced the shocks to Ultra Sr ones and the ride is quite fine, firm but still drivable ...
Greesing the rear shocks wont sort the problem out .Did mine, went to cadwell TD and eventualy had to buy new ones....

https://www.scoobynet.com/965489-zie-uglybuglin-3.html