Notices

feeling more sure-footed

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2013, 08:04 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default feeling more sure-footed

Got my Bugeye WRX mapped and now feel like the car isn't very surefooted - want to feel absolutely confident when having a blast etc.

It's got STI springs but I'll be replacing these with Eibachs, also getting a full set of decent tyres so they're the same all round.

Got some uprated drop links but that's as far as it goes.

I feel the car feels a bit light? if that makes sense?!
Old 17 February 2013, 09:46 PM
j976rna
Scooby Regular

i felt like that with my blobeye when it had a new turbo and mapped to 320bhp, felt like a different car and i wasnt used to how the car drove with the extr power, but the more i drove it,i got more used to the feel of the car when the power came on,
Old 17 February 2013, 10:24 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

TBH I felt a bit like that before it was mapped and now the increased power just seems to have made the issue worse
Old 17 February 2013, 10:45 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

When I started upgrading my Bug STi's suspension I replaced all the suspension bushes with power flex. Then got the geometry done, WOW what a difference. The bushes in your suspension could be 11 years old and being made of rubber a bit sloppy (but not sufficient for MOT faliure). Yes polyflex or equivalent bushes cost more but are worth it especially if you have the facilities and ability to fit them yourself. It took me two days to do mine as I was over cautious and even though in a full workshop, more setup for large vehicles, I had to improvise on methods and tooling for extracting the bushes.
Old 17 February 2013, 11:23 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 360ste
When I started upgrading my Bug STi's suspension I replaced all the suspension bushes with power flex. Then got the geometry done, WOW what a difference. The bushes in your suspension could be 11 years old and being made of rubber a bit sloppy (but not sufficient for MOT faliure). Yes polyflex or equivalent bushes cost more but are worth it especially if you have the facilities and ability to fit them yourself. It took me two days to do mine as I was over cautious and even though in a full workshop, more setup for large vehicles, I had to improvise on methods and tooling for extracting the bushes.
Mine is a standard WRX. How much would a full set of these replacement bushes be?

Do they really make that much difference? ?