Notices

Powerflex rear beam mount bushing Qs from the US of A

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2012, 03:47 AM
salvi
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerflex rear beam mount bushing Qs from the US of A

Hello, I just joined the forum. I'm from San Diego, CA but could not find any info on this on the US forums. So here is my Q and hopefully someone can help me out.

I have a 00 2.5RS GC8 auto. I bought a 2004 WRX drivetrain from a fellow forum member. Since I'm installing the WRX rear subframe and rear diff mount, I decided to replace the bushings. Most bushings for these here in the states are just inserts, not the full bushing replacement. So I found the Powerflex bushings, which are really not well known here.

The rear diff mount bushings for the WRX are two different sizes. The driver side is smaller then the passenger side. The passenger side also has one half bushing that has a thicker lip then the other one. The metal sleeve on this bigger bushing is not long enough to be flush with the bushing as well.

So I tried to install the rear diff mount today and on this bushing the bolt that holds it in place is not long enough. Has anyone installed these bushings before? If so, can anyone point me to a DIY or thread? I have looked all over and cannot find anything. Powerflex ha no clue either. The part number for this bushing is PFR69-124. Thanks.

Old 06 February 2012, 07:28 PM
salvi
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one?