Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2011, 05:26 PM
NiallWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question re. rear arb

Can a kind individual tell me what I need to order from this confusing list:

http://www.scoobyworld.co.uk/catalog...oducts_id=1763

I just want a decent arb for road use (22mm?) and some solid droplinks - too many options here.
Old 01 December 2011, 06:47 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

I think its 'BSR 37' that you need. Probably best giving them a call in the morning to cinfirm mate.
Old 02 December 2011, 12:03 PM
NiallWRX
Scooby Regular

Hi Jack

Thanks for that. I think I will order BSR37Z as that one is adjustable. I'm told I also need to order W0406-22 - the "swaybar to chassis 22mm bush kit).

Question: Will the bush kit give me the solid droplinks people recommend or is there a 3rd item on that list I need to order - i.e. the one at the very bottom?? (KLC19)

Man, this is confusing.
Old 02 December 2011, 05:00 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NiallWRX
Hi Jack

Thanks for that. I think I will order BSR37Z as that one is adjustable. I'm told I also need to order W0406-22 - the "swaybar to chassis 22mm bush kit).

Question: Will the bush kit give me the solid droplinks people recommend or is there a 3rd item on that list I need to order - i.e. the one at the very bottom?? (KLC19)

Man, this is confusing.
Hi Niall,

No problem, I think your best calling them and ordering over the phone as they'll know what each item number consists of.

The droplinks are separate, try CDF racing on here you'll probably get them cheaper than the whiteline ones
Old 02 December 2011, 05:38 PM
NiallWRX
Scooby Regular

You say that, I DID call them to order over the phone and the woman told me the droplinks were included in the bush kit. I had a feeling that was nonsense which is why I came back on here first. OK, CDF it is.

My plan of reducing body roll but retaining ride height and comfort with just these items is sound right? I won't necessarily need a front arb as well? This is just a daily driver so do not want to go mad.
Old 03 December 2011, 09:56 PM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

You say that, I DID call them to order over the phone and the woman told me the droplinks were included in the bush kit. I had a feeling that was nonsense which is why I came back on here first. OK, CDF it is.

My plan of reducing body roll but retaining ride height and comfort with just these items is sound right? I won't necessarily need a front arb as well? This is just a daily driver so do not want to go mad.
maybe worth ordering the bush kit and waiting to see exactly what turns up...... How much was it? I think solid rear droplinks are normally around £80, so if the bush kit is £15 then you know they arnt going to be included

Yep it's a good starting point to have a thicker roll bar and solid droplinks. I've just added some prodrive lowering springs to my wrx struts and will be having my geometry done next week so that it's all sitting nicely for fast road driving.
Old 03 December 2011, 10:00 PM
NiallWRX
Scooby Regular

So you already had the rear arb before the springs? How much difference did it make on its own? Should I really be looking at some springs as well I wonder.

Trending Topics

Old 04 December 2011, 09:01 AM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

So you already had the rear arb before the springs? How much difference did it make on its own? Should I really be looking at some springs as well I wonder.
Yes I put a 24mm arb and cdf droplinks on in April. I think for the money the rear arb is the best bang for buck mod you can do.

I haven't had the geometry set up yet the springs feel so much better when cornering, aswell as lowering it so that it doesn't look like it's on stilts!! They have stiffened the ride up but arnt as hard as coilovers so are a perfect compromise for me as I use my car daily and have my daughter in there quite a bit.
Old 04 December 2011, 09:24 AM
NiallWRX
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the information mate. I think I'll stick with the arb for now and see how I go. The roads around here are so ****e that the idea of lowering the ride worries me - for me a Scooby should be able to tackle a road like that flat out without worrying about grounding. I may change my mind though...
Old 05 December 2011, 01:07 AM
Berks-Jack
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the information mate. I think I'll stick with the arb for now and see how I go. The roads around here are so ****e that the idea of lowering the ride worries me - for me a Scooby should be able to tackle a road like that flat out without worrying about grounding. I may change my mind though...
No worries mate, glad to have helped

The prodrive springs drop the car around an inch, so there's no worries about scraping the nose over every bump. I can still clear even the most savage road humps without scraping the underside of my car.

Try the roll bar 1st and see how you get on, you still might find that theres too much roll and then want to do the springs. I like to do things progressively as I think you can get a feel for how each mod effects the car, but everyone is different.

Hope you get it sorted pal!