Notices

too much negative camber

Search this Thread

Old 17 November 2011, 11:02 PM
lief
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too much negative camber

i've taken the coilovers off my car and put the standard struts + eibach springs back on, so its a little lower than stansard, but now i've got -2 degrees camber on the rear and no way of adjusting it! does anyone have any suggestions as to what camber i should have on the front to work with -2 on the rear?

thanks
Old 17 November 2011, 11:08 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your saying 2.0 neg camber on STD suspension, that seems a bit impossible unless you've got 2 sets of camber bolts and even then unlikely
Old 18 November 2011, 10:40 AM
lief
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by rickya
If your saying 2.0 neg camber on STD suspension, that seems a bit impossible unless you've got 2 sets of camber bolts and even then unlikely

well thats what they said at the garage when i took it in to get the geometry setup, so i can't be sure, and i don't have a level space or a camber gauge to check, but it does have lowering springs on the standard struts so it is possible that i've gained some negative camber? what do bugeye WRX's have as standard on the rear ( 1.2 deg neg? )

thanks.
Old 19 November 2011, 03:25 PM
Fleetwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lief
well thats what they said at the garage when i took it in to get the geometry setup, so i can't be sure, and i don't have a level space or a camber gauge to check, but it does have lowering springs on the standard struts so it is possible that i've gained some negative camber? what do bugeye WRX's have as standard on the rear ( 1.2 deg neg? )

thanks.
Just get couple of camber bolts (one for each side) These give an additional +/- 2 degrees of camber adjustment.
I went for an initial alignment check at the garage, knew I needed an additional -0.5degrees then popped home put in the bolt and used the tabbed washer to guess 0.5 degrees, went back to the garage and it was absolutely spot on.

Ingalls are the ones I bought from Camskill.