Notices

JS Engineering for geo set up

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2011, 07:21 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JS Engineering for geo set up

Anyone looking for Geo set up I highly suggest you give Jimmy of JS Engineering a go.

Have been in contact with Jimmy about getting my geo set up done. After my recent visit to JRM was a bit of a wash out to say the least in more ways than one.

Was due to see Jimmy last month but due to my wedding plans and work was unable to do so.

Since the recent bad weather and my "epic fail" in the Ice clipping the n/s rear and front into the kerbs. OWNED the cars handling has been in short a nightmare just in a straight line let alone round corners.

Over the last week have been in contact with Jimmy about getting myself over to him and get the GEO sorted. I spoke with Jimmy late Saturday night and we agreed for me to pop over to him on Sunday.

After another epic fail of mine on route to Jimmy I got there an hour late,yet he was still welcoming.

After a bit of a chat Jimmy was keen to get on with the job in hand.
This bolt for the toe in/out that another Tunning Company told me was seized and was unable to be moved........Jimmy did it without any effort in a instant . During this stage after my epic kerbing in the winter I have noticed a odd knocking/stress noise coming from the n/s rear. Jimmy kindly removed all bolts and heads and re-greased them including removing the rear shock.
As the caliper was exposed it sprung to my mind that I had my new set EBC NDX Bluestuff in the boot. A lttle wink of the eye and cheeky word in Jimmys ear to see if we could fit them whilst the wheel was off and he agreed. None of this extra rate charging business etc........nothing Jimmy simply agreed and said "Yeah why not".

After fitting EBC NDX Bluestuff all round Jimmy got on with the set up.

My last full set up was done at Powerstation over 2.5 years ago. And the recent geo setting at a company in "East Sussex" was "set up as best as we can" Jimmy noticed something that I have never noticed before that my rear suspension was a hell of a lot lower than the front. I knew that my car was running 30mm front drop and 50mm drop at the rear but was I mean is I didn't notice until now how out of place and would later learn how poor that set up makes the car feel.

Jimmy simply wound out the springs at the rear allowing it to raise the rear and even though it is noticeable to the eye (if you have seen my car) it looks bit and in proportion to the car now.

Test drive time............I noticed just with the spring loads changed and the dampers adjusted via the coil over adjustments the car felt more planted and happier.

I was giving it some to get feedback out of the car but I wasn't doing it to Jimmy's requirement..........queue The Stig.......I mean Jimmy of JS Engineering. Holy sweet lord. THe lad had never driven my car before yet dialled himself in far better than I have since the ownership of the car. The *******!!! lol

We pulled over and Jimmy made some adjustments via the top mount coil over dial. Got back in and was back in Stig mode and said that feels better. So in I jump and sure as hell was EVEN BETTER.

Let just say that I felt like JESUS on the drive home. lol

So in short........Jimmy of JS Engineering is a genius. He has so much knowledge,explains things in depth that even I understand and is full of passion that I bet with one trip to this very talented young man you will be back for more.

So much so I will be getting a few extras done by Jimmy in the next month or so.

JS Engineering
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=166703403347237

Steve

Last edited by Stevesbluewrx; 31 January 2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 14 March 2011, 10:49 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Couldn't agree more with these comments Steve.
He carried out my cambelt service, an engine and gearbox oil change, and fitted my new fuel pump, radiator and all my exhaust bits for me at a very competitive price, and he's a top bloke to boot.
When Simon got hold of it it made 272/290 on a sports cat, so very happy with the results.
Also cheers to Charlie of Surrey Rolling Road for helping us diagnose a gasket fault that was making the car scream like a banshee on full boost
Top lads
Old 24 March 2011, 04:11 AM
Paul&bon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much did he charge for the Geo set up?
He's a 2 hour drive from me but sounds like it'll be worth it.