Notices

Advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2010, 07:33 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed.

I finally got everything sorted yesterday like I mentioned (rear replacement hubs fitted, rear discs and pads fitted) everything tickety boo Told the guy who does the work "no offence, hope I don`t see you soon" lol! While driving home from town earlier I could hear a knock on the front passenger side......to me it sounded `high up` so I automatically think......coilover issue (fitted a couple of weeks ago).

Straight back to garage and.............front pass side wheel bearing completely gone, just like that Don`t bearings normally rumble for a while and then go????????

Bearing changed...no movement, great. I`m backing out to leave garage and knocking again, WTF? They had a look and the top of the coilover, where the adjuster screw is, is moving up and down as they`re jacking the car up and down Now he tightened the nut up but the back / underneath is also turning so the wheels need taking off to get a spanner on the back to hold in place while it`s being done up!!!!!

Is it possible that these nuts weren`t done up properly when the coilovers were fitted and there`s been movement and THAT`S what`s blown the bearing, or would I have known straight away if they hadn`t been tightened properly? Sorry for the long thread but I`m getting p1ssed off with it all now, it`s just one thing after another!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 December 2010, 09:06 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I think that your question needs to be addressed to whoever fitted the coilovers, tbh.

Asking it on here can only inflame the situation.

Once you have your answewr, come back on and ask for verification.
Old 16 December 2010, 10:07 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I`m now thinking that the original noise I heard driving home was obviously the loose nut and either that was enough to blow the bearing over a 3 mile journey or that the bearing was just a coincidence.

I`m not looking to "inflame the situation"....just asking a question.