Notices

Tracking my MY05 with BC's help

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2010, 07:46 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracking my MY05 with BC's help

Hi, im taking my scooby on track for the first time next week at oulton park and wondered if anyone can offer some advice on how to set it up? Its had fast road geo done at unit8 in darwen but theres adjustment still to be made with the front/rear damper settings and the DCCD? I understand that it's mostly down to driver ability and what I feel comfortable with but wondered whats "supposed" to be a good set up?

I was thinking of first gradually softening off the front...then if im comfortable with that, start sending more power to the rear with the DCCD? Just to add, its the PPP version and the only mod is the coilovers

Cheers, Paul
Old 29 July 2010, 09:45 PM
williams.84
Scooby Regular

hi mate as you say it comes down to the driver im running bc coil overs on mine i have it as hard as it goes on the front witch is +30 and softer on the back witch but you will find out that if you go to soft the back moves about a bit but having the back set to 30+ dident feel right to me. ive done brandshatch a few times and i noticed that the strut brace on the front and back help all the best with the track day.
Old 29 July 2010, 10:21 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

Have you not tried softening the front off a bit to reduce understeer? Im going off what the garage had told me but I always knew a stiffer back end will give more front end grip but may induce oversteer Ive not tried them on the stiffest setting yet, ive got the front on 20 and rear 22. Paul
Old 12 August 2010, 10:53 PM
williams.84
Scooby Regular

ill give it a go im doing brandshatch in nov just keep ajusting untill happy i surpose.
Old 12 August 2010, 11:29 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I found that road settings were way to soft for track use, I cranked both ends up, on my Teins by five clicks each end.

Just drive the car first, and don't get sucked in to an miserable "settings war" with the car...

IMHO

I haven't messed with the DCCD, as I've only just fitted it !

dunx

P.S. Unless it's totally rubbish, then just stiffen everything...
Old 12 August 2010, 11:44 PM
Tall-Paul
Scooby Regular

I was at oulton last week where is was raining in the morning so kept it to the softer road settings which was good enough to overtake alot of the other cars there. Then when it dried up in the afternoon i wacked it up and the difference was huge! I was well impressed I then started slackening off the front as the day went on which improved things to a certain extent but didn't know how far to go with it before I was pushing it too far so left it at 22 front 30 rear. Next time i go i intend to try it out a bit further by making the front even softer. I was a bit worried about the back end stepping out but everything kept in line (apart from a little bit when it was wet) I left the DCCD in auto to!....one thing I did notice though is that it needs thicker anti rolls bars but id be tempted to just fit a rear one.

I was amazed at the performance of the car and especially the brakes! Im looking into going back for a morning session in september