Notices

Whiteline Roll Centre Adjustment Kit

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2010, 09:59 PM
Mark_B4
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whiteline Roll Centre Adjustment Kit

My Partner bought a JDM Forester a little over a year ago, The car had adjustable GAB struts and lowered springs fitted. I noticed that the steering went very light under heavy acceleration and it understeered pretty bad. at first I thought this was just poor Geometry, but after having this corrected there wasn't much difference, but whilst getting it done Zak @ Mocom Racing noticed that the geometry changed under shock compression and lift.
The cause of this was the fact that it had been lowered, the track rods were at the wrong angle (higher at the hub end)
Under Zak's advice I got the Whiteline kit and geometry redone.

I must say the kit has made a huge difference.
The steering is more precise and turn in is much more positive, at speed the steering is less vague and also doesn't become light under heavy acceleration, it's running a standard anti roll bar on the front, but cornering at any speed is much flatter then before, also understeer is vastly reduced.

Even My partner who doesn't drive the car hard in the corners has noticed the difference

All in all, I'd strongly recommend this kit for any Subaru, especially if it's been been lowered, although I've heard that they improve handling on cars running standard setups aswell.

Big thanks to Zak @ Mocom Racing

http://www.mocomracing.com/
Old 17 April 2010, 12:29 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a good piece of kit. I have fitted it to my impreza and once the geometry had been done it was a great improvement.