Notices

Whiteline front drop links?

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2009, 04:18 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whiteline front drop links?

I currently have the spherical type front Whiteline drop links on my 04 STI (KLC39 I believe) but they are now past their best as they are knocking a bit (and I’m one of those who doesn't like noises that shouldn't be there )

I also have a whiteline front anti roll bar fitted. Now from what I can see the KLC39 are around £80 for the pair which seems a bit of a rip off for what they are, if they would last then I wouldn't mind as much but I suspect some months down the line the same thing will happen again, so.....

I still have the original ARB/drop links but from asking a previous question on here is would seem you can't put the original drop links on with the whiteline ARB as the drop links will end up breaking. So I thought about putting the original ARB back on too as I’m not bothered what ARB's are on it, my questions are:

1) Will fitting the original ARB & drop links have any effect on the suspension setup/geometry (Tein suspension & Anti Lift kit fitted)?

2) The bracket that’s used to hold the ARB bush to the chassis, is the same bracket used for either ARB/bush, or is a larger bracket required to accommodate the whiteline bush? (just want to make sure the bracket that’s currently on there fits the original bush).

Cheers
Old 13 August 2009, 09:38 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Contact cusco kid on here and get a set of short straight poly bushed links, my old Whiteline links are rusting away on the garage floor.

HTH

dunx
Old 14 August 2009, 04:26 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks, I will contact the kid.

Any idea's how much they are?
Old 14 August 2009, 08:14 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

About the same cost, but fit and forget. Whiteline replaced mine under warranty, but the new ones (with regular servicing) still made an awful racket after a few months.

HTH

dunx
Old 20 August 2009, 06:03 PM
Nolan_WRX
Scooby Regular

I had the rose jointed KLC39 ones on mine, and they rattled really badly, sounded like something was gonna fall off any second.
The poly bushed ones you need are KLC32 (not KLC30, these are for classic), much quieter and as dunx said fit and forget.
had mine for £85 while i was in powerstation getting the geo done, but around £90 ish posted.
Old 20 August 2009, 06:19 PM
imf1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nolan_WRX
I had the rose jointed KLC39 ones on mine, and they rattled really badly, sounded like something was gonna fall off any second.
The poly bushed ones you need are KLC32 (not KLC30, these are for classic), much quieter and as dunx said fit and forget.
had mine for £85 while i was in powerstation getting the geo done, but around £90 ish posted.
As above but you can use 30's , all you have to do is drill the smaller hole to 10mm and use a new 10mm bolt, easy peasy
Old 24 August 2009, 09:35 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info chaps, maybe i'll make a purchase
Old 25 August 2009, 06:19 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Quiet at last !

LOL

dunx