Notices

Softening the ride ?

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2002, 11:35 PM
Dox
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

The Scoob is now a few days and a few hundred miles old, and I'm still grinning. I'm very pleased with the ride and handling (even limiting myself to 4k revs).

My wife has only been in the car when we collected in on Tuesday but wasn't too keen on the ride. She has a long standing back injury and is very susceptable to cars with hard suspension. She said she'd happily drive locally, but wouldn't want to travel any distance in it.

I've read some of the threads on adjustable suspension and wondered if I could, on the few journeys she takes with me, soften the ride, then,restore it to normal for the majority of the time when there's just me in the car. You never know, at some point I may even want to lower/firm it up even more for a quick blast.

Is the softening part possible or is the "softest" setting on Leda's etc just as hard as my current ones are likely to be ? How long does it take to adjust and how do you actually do it ?

Any advice gratefully received.

Dox
Old 11 March 2002, 11:08 PM
Dox
Scooby Regular

Nobody ?
Old 13 March 2002, 10:07 AM
RichiB
Scooby Regular

Dox:

We supply the new Bilstein 9 way adjustable suspension kit (shocks and 2.5"springs). This can be adjusted from "track day hard" to "girly soft" The kit costs £1070.00 + VAT which is excelent value for money when you consider that Bilstein are probably the best shock available.

Rich
Powerstation

[Edited by RichiB - 3/13/2002 10:08:33 AM]
Old 14 March 2002, 12:19 AM
Dox
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think nobody cared .

I'm going to see how Sue gets on with a shortish run and then broach the subject. Can you or anyone point me to any background material on suspension in general. Reading some of the posts in here showed me how little I actually knew.

Thanks again
Dox.