what else appart from ARBs

Search this Thread

Old 22 April 2009, 11:55 AM
isar
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what else appart from ARBs

Hi
At the moment the car is too powerfull for the suspension set up.
Stock with lowered springs from what I can tell

On a previous scoob I drove (fast road set up) I liked paying about with power understeer and lift off oversteer - so steering the car on the throttle.
So I want driver involvement over out and out cornerering speed.

So I want the car to feel tight and crisp and want PROGRESSIVE understeer and oversteer

So I want to go for

Whiteline antiroll bars 22mm front 24mm rear

1. If I set both the front and rear bars up in the middle holes would I get power understeer and lift off oversteer?

2. If I set up the rear on the inner hole and the front on the outer hole would this be enough to get mild power oversteer?

Am I best off doing one suspension mod at a time and getting used to it on the limits and then adding another?

If so what would be your next obvious choice

Alloy drop links?
Anti lift kit?
Bumpsteer mod?

thanks for your advice

Last edited by isar; 22 April 2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 22 April 2009, 12:08 PM
isar
Scooby Newbie

I get enjoyment out of making fronts or rears loose grip in a induced progressive manner.

So not after a car that has huge grip...but when it loses it ...it is non progressive and snappy.

So set up suggestions welcomed Thanks
Old 22 April 2009, 10:39 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by isar
Hi
At the moment the car is too powerfull for the suspension set up.
Stock with lowered springs from what I can tell

On a previous scoob I drove (fast road set up) I liked paying about with power understeer and lift off oversteer - so steering the car on the throttle.
So I want driver involvement over out and out cornerering speed.

So I want the car to feel tight and crisp and want PROGRESSIVE understeer and oversteer

So I want to go for

Whiteline antiroll bars 22mm front 24mm rear

1. If I set both the front and rear bars up in the middle holes would I get power understeer and lift off oversteer?

2. If I set up the rear on the inner hole and the front on the outer hole would this be enough to get mild power oversteer?

Am I best off doing one suspension mod at a time and getting used to it on the limits and then adding another?

If so what would be your next obvious choice

Alloy drop links?
Anti lift kit?
Bumpsteer mod?

thanks for your advice
hi m8 the point of setting up an impreza to handle is to get grip and loads of it by fitting 22mm front adjustable 24mm rear bar is to gain front end grip
the rear 24mm bar will aid front end grip by causing rear end oversteer ,transfering the grip to the front. if you fit the roll centre adjusting kit(bump steer mod )you gain front end grip
anti lift kit gains front end grip ,you must be the only guy in the uk that wants understeer lol
if you fit the bars you will require alloy drop links because the standard links wont take the increase in roll stiffness ,if you are talking classic with 18mm rear bar for instance the increase will be 216% and front say 17mm to 22mm inc/will be 180% .the rear bar gives less grip on the rear giving inc/front end grip
hope this helps geo