problem with STI

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2009, 12:25 AM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with STI

Hello

I bought a few months back a blob eye wide track (114PCD) STI.
When I went to see it at the subaru dealer ship it had White Line lowering springs fitted but the dealer ship would not give me warranty if I was to keep them on so they fitted standard springs to the scooby.

The car has a White Line front and rear ARB and the solid dog bone alloy drop links front and back. I have just had the springs refitted and now the track rod rubs on the corner of the ARB where it bolts to the drop link.

Ive been told I have the wrong drop links fitted at the front which is making the ARB sit too high and is catching the track rod on full lock.

This is on both sides.

Can any of you chaps help
thanks

pete
Old 20 March 2009, 12:48 AM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BROOKS1E
Hello

When I went to see it at the subaru dealer ship it had White Line lowering springs fitted but the dealer ship would not give me warranty if I was to keep them on so they fitted standard springs to the scooby.

The car has a White Line front and rear ARB and the solid dog bone alloy drop links front and back. I have just had the springs refitted and now the track rod rubs on the corner of the ARB where it bolts to the drop link.

Ive been told I have the wrong drop links fitted at the front which is making the ARB sit too high and is catching the track rod on full lock.

This is on both sides.

thanks

pete
hi m8 can you post up piccs ,to look at
geo
Old 20 March 2009, 12:54 AM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Hello

This is on both sides.

thanks

pete
hi pete look at piccs

the front anti roll bars on all scoobies inc 08 have to come from underneath the steering rods like these m8 ,pissible they were removed and refitted upside down (comming from the top )
chers geo
Old 20 March 2009, 01:24 AM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

got some pix m8 had it all laser aligined the other day and its all ok its just strange it knocks the way it does ........thanks for any help you can give .

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...r/IMG_2932.jpg

[IMG]

the last one is of the rear all the others are of the off side front as it was the easiest side to photo

thanks
pete

Last edited by BROOKS1E; 20 March 2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 20 March 2009, 02:58 AM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Default problems

hi m8 does it only catch on the o/side
can you look at the threads on the rod ends and count the ammount ,from the end of t.r.e nut to the end of the threads both sides
put car on full lock o/side and observe the distance from drop link to rod shaft ,then turn to n/side and look if its the same.
can you take piccs of both sides for me
cheers geo

Last edited by cusco kid; 20 March 2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old 20 March 2009, 02:33 PM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

hello m8
no it catches both sides exactly the same .......... i will take pix of nearside when i get home tonight and post them and count the threads
cheers
pete
Old 20 March 2009, 03:54 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

hello m8
no it catches both sides exactly the same .......... i will take pix of nearside when i get home tonight and post them and count the threads
cheers
pete
hi m8 take piccs of anti roll bar andd links on full lock and streight ahead
the roll bar looks as its holding the drop links too upright
geo
Old 20 March 2009, 07:11 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Wrong bar ?

dunx
Old 20 March 2009, 08:39 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

or it's just to low how low do you think it has gone?
Old 20 March 2009, 08:46 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dunx
Wrong bar ?

dunx
you took the words out my mouth dunx it can only be that m8 ,its too short and causing the d/link to sit upright

geo
Old 20 March 2009, 09:49 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Ive been told he needs adjustable drop links so they move the ARB down and out the way.

As for the wrong ARB, Whitline told me they only do the one patten just thicker or thinner bar.
Old 21 March 2009, 02:01 AM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

will call you on sat andy ok m8
Old 21 March 2009, 02:01 AM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TurboAndy
Ive been told he needs adjustable drop links so they move the ARB down and out the way.

As for the wrong ARB, Whitline told me they only do the one patten just thicker or thinner bar.
the alloy drop links that are fitted are the correct ones klc 32 for sti alloy arms.these have the spacers fitted to bridge the gap between the arb and alloy arm the rear have no spacers fitted and should have m8
if you fully compress (screw down) a klc 39 motorsport drop link the hole centres are about identical ,i have just measured them together so thats not the fix he needs .the bar is sitting at a weird angle ,this makes it has a wrong bar fitted (not size as in 22mm 24mm etc )but maybe a classic bar or another manufactures bar .its a non adjustable type .the drop link is sitting too far forward as is the roll bar so on full lock they foul its the bar thats at fault not d/link .need more piccs from different angles
cheers geo

Old 21 March 2009, 11:33 AM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

The ARB has been on for some time by the looks of things, we saw it was silver and the car has whiteline stuff fitted so took it the ARB is Whiteline.
Pete has spoken to Whiteline and they say the front ARB is the same from classic to Hawkeye.

Also the car has a whiteline rear ARB so would think the front is WL as well.

Last edited by TurboAndy; 21 March 2009 at 12:09 PM.
Old 21 March 2009, 12:14 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TurboAndy
The ARB has been on for some time by the looks of things, we saw it was silver and the car has whiteline stuff fitted so took it the ARB is Whiteline.
Pete has spoken to Whiteline and they say the front ARB is the same from classic to Hawkeye.

Also the car has a whiteline rear ARB so would think the front is WL as well.
hi bud ,thats why i am looking for more photos at different angles .its not a drop link problem as the alloy links are the same overall same length as the oe metal links .
the klc 29 d/links give you the adjustment in length ,for more height to move the bar upwards .on full screw down they are the same length as the oe equipment also
cheers geo
Old 25 March 2009, 12:59 AM
BROOKS1E
Scooby Regular

hello chaps ..........had email and phone call from graeme from white line and he now seems to think it may be the wrong bar fitted as my car is a very late blob eye on a 55 plate, he will be emailing me with the correct part number and will do a cracking deal for me to buy the right one then its off to the stealer where i got the car from to turn him upside down and shake the coins from he`s pocket