Problem with turning right!

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2009, 03:30 PM
Keells
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with turning right!

Hi

Not sure if this is a suspension prob or not, but will put here anyway, but for the last couple of months I have been having a issue when turning right in my 99 turbo 2000.

It's fine a slow speed, don't seem to have any probs, but as soon as you start leaning on it out on a county road I will feel an unhealthy juddering sensation back through the wheel, which in turn then causes understeer and totally unsettles the car. But you try the same thing going left and all is perfect, not juddering or anything it just goes round the corner like you would expect an Impreza to do. So to me this is saying that the passenger side is causing the prob as that side is loaded up when turning right.

This has been in a few times to be looked at, but no one can find any probs, the suspension has been pulled apart and put back together with no probs found. Had it on a rolling road as well as had clutch done and this came back with no faults either. Plus the passenger side wheel bearing has been changed as well as new EBC brake disks/pads on the front and again still get the same prob.

The only other symptom that I can feel is through the wheel at speed (IE on motorway at 70-80 mph) you can feel a slight wobble with the steering wheel, not very noticeable but would expect the steering in something like an impreza to be much “cleaner” and I know it isn't warped brake disks because they are brand new and as soon as you hit the brakes the wheel sits perfect with no wobble or anything.

So I'm quickly running out of idea's, patience and money! Has anyone had a problem like this or know of some one (around the Suffolk area) who would be able to get the bottom of this.

Also the car has PPP on it, not sure if it has the handing pack (but feels stiffer than standard turbo 2000) but has the normal 17" wheels that you see on a PPP car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.