Notices

i need a bit of advice

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2008, 01:02 AM
fastfu
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need a bit of advice

i have an 02 wrx and i want to change the looks a bit ive bought tein s tech springs and 18" wheels but ive just been reading on the US sites and they dont have much good to say about s techs and what i need to know are they going to **** up my handling ?

to be honest im getting old and unlike my younger days whre i could get grounded on a rizla paper i now prefer comfort with as little hassel as possible
Old 04 October 2008, 06:49 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

The Tein's do have some bad reports over on the NASIOC as others have pointed out to me in the past.

I ignored our US friends' opinions and listened to UK Impreza tuners and owners, who had experience with the Tein S tech's, so I bought them, fitted them [to a bugeye WRX and an STI] and all I can say is get them fitted.

The ride quality is more confortable than standard, the roll is almost eliminated and the looks are vastly improved.

Obviously don't just take my opinion but I can assure you loads of Scoobynetters have fitted the Tein's on their cars and all is well.
Old 04 October 2008, 07:33 PM
fastfu
Scooby Regular

the drop they give i think looks perfect but one of the things i'd heard was that they lower by too much and because of that there isn't enough adjustment to get them aligned or is this wrong ?
Old 11 October 2008, 11:12 AM
The rookie
Scooby Regular

The alleged issue (right or wrong) is that they lower the car to far - as the front lowers it increases the wheels negative camber until the bottom arm is horizontal, after that the camber starts to increase (less negative) again.

Its alleged that the Teins lower the car too far for the spring stiffness (they can't be too stiff if matched to original shocks) this allows this phenomenen to happen during roll during cornering, thus reducing grip.

Also as the car is lowered the front roll centre is lowered by more than the CofG so for the same spring rate the car will rolll MORE, again it is alleged that the relatively soft (for the amount of lowering) Teins thus are even more liley to suffer this than a similar spring rate 1" lowering set.

Right or wrong, I don't know - the logic is correct, whether its true though......

Simon

Last edited by The rookie; 11 October 2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11 October 2008, 11:23 AM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The rookie
The alleged issue (right or wrong) is that they lower the car to far - as the front lowers it increases the wheels negative camber until the bottom arm is horizontal, after that the camber starts to increase (less negative) again.

Its alleged that the Teins lower the car too far for the spring stiffness (they can't be too stiff if matched to original shocks) this allows this phenomenen to happen during roll during cornering, thus reducing grip.

Also as the car is lowered the front roll centre is lowered by more than the CofG so for the same spring rate the car will rolll MORE, again it is alleged that the relatively soft (for the amount of lowering) Teins thus are even more liley to suffer this than a similar spring rate 1" lowering set.

Right or wrong, I don't know - the logic is correct, whether its true though......

Simon
fit whiteline kca 313 roll centre adjust kit geo
Old 16 October 2008, 01:07 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

I've been deliberating between eibachs and teins recently, what I like about the teins is that they lower the front more than the rear which looks better IMO, lowering the ride height will increase camber but this should be easily dialled out with a wheel aligment session