Notices

Whilteline ARB & Drop links

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2008, 08:00 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whilteline ARB & Drop links

Has anyone got any pics that they could e-mail me/post showing your rear whiteline ARB and if possible with whiteline drop links fitted??

The rear of my car is knocking about (when changing direction, not on bumps) and had a look underneath it this eve and can see that where the ARB meets the drop link, one side has a gap but the other side there is hardly any gap at all so the ARB is rubbing/knocking on the drop link?

I could do with finding out how these should look when fitted, if possible?

Cheers
Old 29 July 2008, 10:12 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

double post???

Last edited by stiscooby; 29 July 2008 at 10:27 PM. Reason: forums fecked!
Old 29 July 2008, 10:13 PM
AshMurc
Scooby Regular

hmm, that doesn't sound right! mine are bolted securely together...

i have 2 pics of mine but they are pretty bad quality... might be of some use? i have steel droplinks btw

Regards, Ash
Old 29 July 2008, 10:18 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Fixed this by adding a washer between the drop links rubber bush and the bracket part of the bottom arm where the bolt goes through the bottom of the drop link (if that makes sense) as the flat side of the drop link was more or less flush i.e. hitting the bracket .

Bit hard to describe as I didn't take a pic and can't seem to find a pic online.

The monkeys who fitted it must have realised that it would knock as it is metal, well alloy, on metal. Little bit of care/thought when fitting would have gone a long way!

Last edited by stiscooby; 29 July 2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 29 July 2008, 10:18 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

why are my posts/replies appearing half way up the thread??
Old 29 July 2008, 10:32 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Many thanks for the info/pics guys. The bottom arm seems to be different on mine?? 2004 (54 plate) STI if that makes a difference.

So I just popped out and took a few pics on my mobile:

Passenger side
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...sengerside.jpg

Drivers side
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...riversside.jpg

As soon as I inserted a washer to space the drop link away from the black bottom arm it gives it enough clearance so it doesn't rub/knock

Last edited by stiscooby; 30 July 2008 at 11:42 PM. Reason: added it's a 54 reg, not 04 should this make a difference?
Old 29 July 2008, 10:37 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

If you wouldn't mind posting/sending me a pic just so I can compare that would be handy

I have now actually fixed this by adding a washer between the drop links rubber bush and the bracket part of the bottom arm where the bolt goes through the bottom of the drop link (if that makes sense) as the flat side of the drop link was more or less flush i.e. hitting the bracket .

Bit hard to describe as I didn't take a pic and can't seem to find a pic online.

Whoever fitted it must have realised that it would knock as it is metal, well alloy, on metal. Little bit of care/thought when fitting would have gone a long way!

Last edited by stiscooby; 30 July 2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 29 July 2008, 10:38 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Courtesy of Claaarkio's guide:

https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension...links-arb.html

(had to do a manual search, as normal one hasn't been working for ages)
Old 29 July 2008, 10:38 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stiscooby
Has anyone got any pics that they could e-mail me/post showing your rear whiteline ARB and if possible with whiteline drop links fitted??

The rear of my car is knocking about (when changing direction, not on bumps) and had a look underneath it this eve and can see that where the ARB meets the drop link, one side has a gap but the other side there is hardly any gap at all so the ARB is rubbing/knocking on the drop link?

I could do with finding out how these should look when fitted, if possible?

Cheers

hope this helps m8 this is the alloy type d/links
Old 30 July 2008, 12:13 PM
raz6589
Scooby Regular

I dont think you have the correct drop links fitted. If you go onto whitelines website and put your vehicle details in, it doesnt show those type of droplinks available for your car.

Dave
Old 30 July 2008, 01:11 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Ah thats interesting!! I have had an e-mail from someone at Whiteline too who I guess has also seen my post.

Hhmmm, well I have only recently got the car and all this had been previously fitted by the original owner, well by xtreme scoobies actually, so I would have thought they would know what they were doing??

I can't quite remember when these items were fitted (got all receipts), possibly the beginning of this year so not sure where I stand if I contact xtreme about this???

I will check with the previous owner too, maybe the previous owner requested these drop links but surely xtreme would have mentioned if they were not meant for this model of car??

Very odd, thanks for your help.
Old 30 July 2008, 01:26 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had this problem on my Classic using 24mm rear bar with Noltec drop links. I was told by Whiteline that it was a 'friday afternoon bar' as one of the bar ends is manually bent it may be slightly off. Of the bars I have seen fitted the margin for hitting is very small. I still have the same problem on the replacement I was sent though ? Fortunately the noltecs have just rubbed away a groove and although it probably still makes contact there isn't any knocking. This is on a wagon and should make no difference whatsoever, and a friends saloon of the same year and type has the same set up without issue.

Old 30 July 2008, 07:25 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

The previous owner purchased these drop links from Scoobyparts, according to their web site it says they are for new age cars - Scoobyparts Ltd WHITELINE ALLOY REAR DROP LINKS

The guy who contacted me from Whiteline tells me the KLC047's are for the 2004 STI - http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/ins...303_KLC047.pdf

So not sure which ones are the "true correct" items???
Old 30 July 2008, 08:31 PM
Scooby Senior

Is yours a MY03 STi on an 04 plate ?

As the KLC26 is listed for 10/02 to 09/03 cars.
Old 30 July 2008, 08:49 PM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

my 05sti drop links
Old 30 July 2008, 10:59 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by swifty.....!
my 05sti drop links
thats front alloy d/links on the rear m8 wrong fitment geo
Old 30 July 2008, 11:05 PM
cusco kid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stiscooby
Many thanks for the info/pics guys. The bottom arm seems to be different on mine?? 2004 STI if that makes a difference.

So I just popped out and took a few pics on my mobile:

Passenger side
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...sengerside.jpg

Drivers side
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...riversside.jpg

As soon as I inserted a washer to space the drop link away from the black bottom arm it gives it enough clearance so it doesn't rub/knock
hi m8 after looking at your piccs i can see what the problem is
you have the wrong alloy d/links fitted to your car .these are not for sti newage of that year .the correct d/links are klc 39 which are the rose joint type .your original type were the metal rod with ball joint type ends .hope this helps geo
Old 30 July 2008, 11:19 PM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cusco kid
thats front alloy d/links on the rear m8 wrong fitment geo
yeah mate thats what it is for an 05sti

well maybe not just looked on whiteline site to check and they don't say its for front or rear anymore on 05 sti now i've had above on my car for 2years as at the time that is what it listed as the drop links for my car on there site and place of purchase so does that mean they have had a rethink or they where just talking out there ****? as i had instructions with pics of how to fit to rear and front looked same as mine does! for the above drop links

also if you look herePerrin Performance - Suspension bigger pic here http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha.../158_large.jpgthe perrin are the same look as mine so have whiteline dropped them because of that i.e being sued for copying? or?

Last edited by swifty.....!; 31 July 2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 30 July 2008, 11:21 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
Is yours a MY03 STi on an 04 plate ?

As the KLC26 is listed for 10/02 to 09/03 cars.

Na mines a 54 reg car, registered new Sept 2004.
Old 30 July 2008, 11:31 PM
Scooby Senior

https://www.scoobynet.com/suspension...ml#post8039772 #17

That's your answer matey just put your existing ones up for sale, you'll have no probs selling them on
Old 30 July 2008, 11:36 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cusco kid
hi m8 after looking at your piccs i can see what the problem is
you have the wrong alloy d/links fitted to your car .these are not for sti newage of that year .the correct d/links are klc 39 which are the rose joint type .your original type were the metal rod with ball joint type ends .hope this helps geo

Yea, a guy from whiteline must have seen this post as he e-mailed me directly and basically said the same as you, wrong drop links. He said I should have these ones - http://www.whiteline.com.au/docs/ins...303_KLC047.pdf which actually look the same as the KLC39 ones you mentioned, not sure if they are identical or they are the same item but are just listed under two different part numbers for some reason?? (just noticed guy from whiteline mentioned my cars an 04 when infact it's on a 54 plate should that make a difference to the required part??).

I have a scoobyparts catalogue here and in there it states that the KLC26 (currently on my car) are for the classic 93-00 or new age WRX/STI 01-05, so surely they are giving out duff info as this is what probably led the previous owner down the wrong path??

Is it going to do any harm keeping the ones on there now as they have now been sorted so they don't knock?

Last edited by stiscooby; 30 July 2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 31 July 2008, 09:38 AM
raz6589
Scooby Regular

I would personally change them for the right ones. If you look at your pictures again (drivers side), you can see where the bar has been rubbing on the chassis (just before the flat end). Also the mounting bracket for the roll bar is ABOVE the arm on your car (sti ). Those droplinks you have fitted look like they are for a car with the mounting bracket BELOW the arm, if you see what i mean. The droplinks for your car cant be the same size (ie, distance between the bolt holes) as the mounting points are about 2-3 inches further apart. Hope you get it sorted.

Dave
Old 31 July 2008, 04:48 PM
Whiteline UK
Scooby Newbie

Hi Guys,

the year 04 (04 + 54) model STI should have the KLC047 (spherical rod end ball joint) or the re-released KLC32 (alloy poly bushed drop link) fitted.

the STI's from 04 on should all use this set up.

hope this helps cure the problem.
Old 31 July 2008, 09:59 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all your help guys.

I will check that it has the correct rear anti roll bar fitted too before I go getting the correct drop links, although xtreme scoobies supplied/fitted the ARB's so I hope it's the correct one.

Are the ARB's marked anywhere to show the part/model number?
Old 01 August 2008, 10:12 AM
BatFink
Scooby Regular

Default Original Owner - Embarrassed!!!!

Sorry Rob,

Really thought I'd purchased the correct ones!!!

.. and really surprised that its was not picked up when I had the rest of the Whiteline products fitted.

Ben.
Old 01 August 2008, 01:31 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

No probs Ben.

To be fair, looking in the Scoobyparts book/on their web site (which is where you got them from as I found the invoice) it does list those parts for the newage WRX/STI car up to 2005. So as far as I can see that’s giving people duff information!

Yea, little strange nothing was mentioned while xtreme were fitting the ARB's as one side was actually rubbing on the droplink so would have thought they would have noticed something wasn't quite right. But then I guess it also depends on the guy who is fitting it, if they are that thorough/bothered etc.

Last edited by stiscooby; 01 August 2008 at 01:37 PM.