Notices

STi adjustables??

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2008, 07:11 PM
stevenhiggster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi adjustables??

How do I tell if my shocks are the pink adjustables? The shock body is pinky red in colour and there is a numbered 'dial' on top of the strut top bolt that looks like a clock face going from 1 - 4 with a little screw in the middle?
I hope they are adjustable as my car is soooo firm, every bump is like getting kicked in the butt and it aint good if you hit a bump mid corner!
Old 20 May 2008, 10:13 PM
mike h
Scooby Regular

Sounds like GAB suspension, they are red and have the same adjustment dial on the front as you've described. They are very hard, i have them on my 94 WRX.
Check the rear shocks to see if you have an adjustment dial on them too. Visible from under the rear of the car on the back of the shock just above the driveshafts.
Old 21 May 2008, 06:43 PM
stevenhiggster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike h
Sounds like GAB suspension, they are red and have the same adjustment dial on the front as you've described. They are very hard, i have them on my 94 WRX.
Check the rear shocks to see if you have an adjustment dial on them too. Visible from under the rear of the car on the back of the shock just above the driveshafts.
Indeed you are correct,

So how do I adjust them and how soft do they go even just a little softer would be good. Thanks