Notices

Ride comfort improvement

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2007, 01:21 PM
GF8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride comfort improvement

I am having the stock suspension with my MY06. My feeling of the stock suspension is the spring rate is not high but the damping factor of the strut. The roads here is really bumpy with lots of flyover joints and portholes. When driving over these bumps, it seems the suspensions are not moving fast enough and transmits the bumps directly to the chassis.

Is there any recommendation to improve the ride quality of MY06? I know there are coilovers that are bump and rebounce adjustable, but I worry the overall ride quality will be even worse as most coilovers are harder than the stock suspension.

I know the WRX is a high performance car and cannot compare with the luxury cars. I drove Imprezas for > 7 years and do not over-expect the ride comfort. However, I just want to know if it is the rebounce rate of the structs that affect the ride quality in this matter.

Last edited by GF8; 07 May 2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08 May 2007, 09:37 AM
D1CCY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride quality of my 03STi ASTs set about midway on damping is far better than stock or Prodrive springs and better still if set softer (not to my taste). On the other hand on one occasion forgot to unwind hard settings after a track day and had to have all my fillings replaced.