KYB AGX v Bilstein for Classic

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2007, 11:13 PM
Rustle73
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KYB AGX v Bilstein for Classic

Gidday

I have a quandry I could do with some help to resolve. May 98 Wagon with Bilstein shocks and Eibach Springs - all original as part of the WR Sport Prodrive upgrade. Dampers need rebuilding, and I want to replace the original springs as well, mainly as they have 90,000miles on them, but also to stop the **** sagging - common with these springs & wagons I understand.

The issue - it will cost approx £240 to get all 4 dampers rebuilt, but a group buy for the KYB AGX is on now for approx £335. Looks like good value to me to go for a full new set. The adjustability could be useful - ie softer when around London, harder when on a thrash.

Questions - (sorry I don't know a lot about this)

1. Are the KYB's any good on a Wagon? How easy is it in real life to adjust them?
2. I like my current ride height / general performance - will it be similar? thinking more of the shock performance here than the spring as its not resolved yet.
3. Does anyone know of a lowered spring set for the wagon that will stop the dreaded sag?

Cheers all
Old 14 March 2007, 07:43 AM
poormansporsche
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For 240 I'd rebuild the Bilsteins. I've had the AGX's and currently run the WRS kit. The WRS kit is more refined. It's a better design thru and thru. I'm told that Prodrive P1 springs for the GC8 will raise the tail of a GF to be level. People in the states have tried shimming the rear struts to get a small amount of height with some success. I would like to find out what springs are ideal for the classic wagons too as I'm currently rebuilding one and in dire need of a drop. I believe whiteline has a set of springs for us. I haven't checked with them yet however.

cheers

garrett