Notices

Sti V5 suspension on a Forester, Heeelllppp!

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2006, 09:20 PM
Hugh Jass
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sti V5 suspension on a Forester, Heeelllppp!

Need help please. I have a full set of suspension from a 1998 Sti type R to fit onto my 2002 Forester turbo. The front springs and struts fit perfectly, the problem is the rears. On the standard Forester strut, the top mount is welded to the top hat?( I am not that technically minded) with 3 threaded bars protruding from the top for fitting to the suspension turret. On the Sti suspension there is only a "top hat" and no mount with threaded bars. So what do I do, do I cut the top mount from the original suspension and weld it to the sti struts or am I missing something.

Hopefully someone can help as the car is sitting nearly 4 inches lower a the front and standard height at the rear.

Thanks in advance.

Alan
Old 10 June 2006, 12:49 AM
ASBO
Scooby Regular

This is the most rediculous thing I have heard. Why didnt you buy a Impreza in the first place?
Old 11 June 2006, 08:03 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

or B actually buy suspension for a forester, that way it might actually fit.

Sorry Alan
Old 12 June 2006, 09:12 AM
Hugh Jass
Scooby Regular

I have already had 3 Imprezas, two classic turbos and one New type WRX. Had to get rid of the WRX due to scumbags trying to get into my house for the keys.As I am a fan of Subarus I wanted to stick with them without attracting unwanted attention. I am so glad I did as I am having more fun with the Forester than with the very dissapointing WRX that I had.

The reason why I want to change the suspension is to handle the power upgrades on the car. I have a TDO4 turbo with a full Hayward & Scott exhaust system and it was remapped by Andy Forest to 268bhp at the moment with more in the pipeline.

ASBO, if you cant help with an enquiry why do you even bother to post?

Fuzz, the underpinnings of a Forester are almost identical so with slight mods most Impreza gear will fit a Forester.
Old 12 June 2006, 05:01 PM
Joth
Scooby Regular

Im quite confused by this, i havent done this suspension swap myself but know many who have put WRX/STI suspension into foresters (the WRX wagon items give the best front/rear balance). Have a look at www.subaruforester.com and see what you can find with regard to the tophat mounting issues.