Notices

Powerstation T25 on a 06 WRX Wagon?

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2006, 02:36 PM
sjp63
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerstation T25 on a 06 WRX Wagon?

Anyone here done it?......................................

Because I'm booked in for late next week!

Cant wait

Last edited by sjp63; 19 May 2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 19 May 2006, 05:34 PM
mickaldo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sjp63
Anyone here done it?......................................

Because I'm booked in for late next week!

Cant wait
hope you have more luck with the ast,s than i did. had it fitted to my 06 sti and had loads of problems with the struts ie wing linners worn out bottoming out and knocking from the nearside rear strut. ended up going back a 3rd time to have standard suspension re fitted so now i have a t12and a half kit fitted. hope you have better luck . and maybe a smile from dirk....
Old 19 May 2006, 06:15 PM
sjp63
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickaldo
hope you have more luck with the ast,s than i did. had it fitted to my 06 sti and had loads of problems with the struts ie wing linners worn out bottoming out and knocking from the nearside rear strut. ended up going back a 3rd time to have standard suspension re fitted so now i have a t12and a half kit fitted. hope you have better luck . and maybe a smile from dirk....
Thats the first bad thing I've read about it here.......slightly worried now! So you left the ARB and anti lift on an took the struts off?

Last edited by sjp63; 19 May 2006 at 07:32 PM.
Old 19 May 2006, 10:36 PM
mickaldo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sjp63
Thats the first bad thing I've read about it here.......slightly worried now! So you left the ARB and anti lift on an took the struts off?
yes i was the same did my homework read everything on here and thought that powerstation was the place to go . just shows dont trust all the **** you read on here and yes i now just have the arb and anti lift kit on. thats until i find a company that can supply coilovers that are up to the job. maybe if you drive your car on a very smooth road with no dips or corners on then the ast,s will suit you ....
Old 19 May 2006, 11:11 PM
sjp63
Scooby Regular

yes i was the same did my homework read everything on here and thought that powerstation was the place to go . just shows dont trust all the **** you read on here and yes i now just have the arb and anti lift kit on. thats until i find a company that can supply coilovers that are up to the job. maybe if you drive your car on a very smooth road with no dips or corners on then the ast,s will suit you ....
Blimey maybe i should just go for stage 2 after all then
Old 20 May 2006, 10:45 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

As an everday car setup i can't fault the Prodrive springs fitted to my MY06. I used to have coilovers on my old classics and they got a bit tiring when the car is used to commute in too.

Tony.
Old 20 May 2006, 11:04 PM
Leg@cy
Scooby Regular

. and maybe a smile from dirk....
That made ME laugh

Trending Topics

Old 23 May 2006, 09:35 AM
DuncanG
Scooby Regular

The thought police are on the way

A few of us on here have found that the ASTs do not cope well with fast dips and bumps.
Old 23 May 2006, 05:11 PM
mickaldo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DuncanG
The thought police are on the way

A few of us on here have found that the ASTs do not cope well with fast dips and bumps.
glad to see its not only me then... The people that rave about the ast,s must just sit and look at there cars and not use them as intended..
Old 23 May 2006, 06:33 PM
MBK
Scooby Regular

sjp63,

its good to get different perspectives and also to remember this is just one view on the AST's. There are plenty of T25/T20 owners who are very happy with the AST's. I have heard of a few minor problems before - nothing like the above I have to say and PS are always helpful with we me in sorting any problems (again just one view) and I've had none with the AST's.

For the sake of balance I have no connection with the AST's or PS other than as a customer and have been very happy with the set up. I live in Wales so if you know a smooth flat road here I'd be glad if you could tell me! The car is transformed over slow twisty, poorly surfaced mountain roads and even better over quicker sweeping a/b roads. They work best on track of course when the difference is most noticable. Smooth and flat with progressive breakaway/recovery at the limit.

Try to get a drive in a car with AST's on first so you can feel the difference for yourself. Listen to all the views you can and make sure you are happy to part with your hard earned.

There are often many sides to a story so its best to take a range of views (all of which are equally valid on here) and retain some balance imo.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 23 May 2006, 07:02 PM
mickaldo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MBK
sjp63,

its good to get different perspectives and also to remember this is just one view on the AST's. There are plenty of T25/T20 owners who are very happy with the AST's. I have heard of a few minor problems before - nothing like the above I have to say and PS are always helpful with we me in sorting any problems (again just one view) and I've had none with the AST's.

For the sake of balance I have no connection with the AST's or PS other than as a customer and have been very happy with the set up. I live in Wales so if you know a smooth flat road here I'd be glad if you could tell me! The car is transformed over slow twisty, poorly surfaced mountain roads and even better over quicker sweeping a/b roads. They work best on track of course when the difference is most noticable. Smooth and flat with progressive breakaway/recovery at the limit.

Try to get a drive in a car with AST's on first so you can feel the difference for yourself. Listen to all the views you can and make sure you are happy to part with your hard earned.

There are often many sides to a story so its best to take a range of views (all of which are equally valid on here) and retain some balance imo.

Cheers,

Mark
mbk what car do you have your ast,s fitted to.
Old 24 May 2006, 08:21 AM
Powerstation
Scooby Regular

Location: Rolling Road tuning, RE-mapping, Laser alignment, Track and race prep, Toyo tyres, Alarm installs

sjp63:

We have full confidence in our AST’s and therefore offer a moneyback guarantee on all our kits should you not be satisfied. We are able to offer this facility as 99% of our customers are more than happy with the performance of their dampers. We have fitted hundreds of sets of AST’s to many different types of cars with virtually no issues. This is not to say that we are by any means perfect and that we do not make errors, but we like to think that we deal with any issues our customers may have in a professional and fair manner.

I would like to point out that some problems that can arise from the fitting of adjustable shockabsorbers are truly out our control. For example: if a customer chooses a road set up (soft spring) and then tracks the car (Nurburgring) the chances of them rubbing their wheel liners is pretty high. This is further compounded if their wheels are larger than standard. Also if someone fits Impreza suspension to a Legacy they might also have problems, but to most this would be obvious

Rich
Powerstation
Old 24 May 2006, 08:46 AM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Old 24 May 2006, 06:38 PM
MBK
Scooby Regular

My AST's are fitted to an 04 UK STi.

Can't say fairer than this surely:

Originally Posted by Powerstation
We have full confidence in our AST’s and therefore offer a moneyback guarantee on all our kits should you not be satisfied. We are able to offer this facility as 99% of our customers are more than happy with the performance of their dampers.
Powerstation
Old 25 May 2006, 07:32 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerstation
sjp63:

We have full confidence in our AST’s and therefore offer a moneyback guarantee on all our kits should you not be satisfied. We are able to offer this facility as 99% of our customers are more than happy with the performance of their dampers. We have fitted hundreds of sets of AST’s to many different types of cars with virtually no issues. This is not to say that we are by any means perfect and that we do not make errors, but we like to think that we deal with any issues our customers may have in a professional and fair manner.

I would like to point out that some problems that can arise from the fitting of adjustable shockabsorbers are truly out our control. For example: if a customer chooses a road set up (soft spring) and then tracks the car (Nurburgring) the chances of them rubbing their wheel liners is pretty high. This is further compounded if their wheels are larger than standard. Also if someone fits Impreza suspension to a Legacy they might also have problems, but to most this would be obvious

Rich
Powerstation
Just to make things crystal clear, I am not mickaldo!

I wasn't going to post on this thread but as this quote is so obviously aimed at me I feel I need to share my experience.

I asked for advice on the best set up that I could take to the Ring and that would also cater for the occasional family trip i.e. not too harsh but competetive. I recieved 40/30's and a low ride height.

It was an improvement over stock but unfortunately it bottomed out (a lot) and was way too low for speed bumps etc. I'm not into the low rider look -I couldn't give a monkey's what it looks like as long as it works.

I have now changed the springs to 50/40 and raised the hieght but until I return to the Ring I can't judge if it's better.

The point I'm trying to make is that I am a customer, I am asked questions on what I want from my driving (as everyone will agree if they've been to PS) and they should fit and set up the equipment that best matches my expectations - right? Either that or tell me that it can't be done with AST's and I'll look elsewhere.

F

Last edited by Floyd; 25 May 2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old 25 May 2006, 08:51 PM
sjp63
Scooby Regular

Well I had it done today. The T25 package. I believe the first MY06 WRX wagon to do so at PS. Frankly the factory handling didnt suit me at all - as Steve Coogan would say - "bag 0 ****e". So it was an informative day at Powerstation with Curtis (hope I spelt that correctly) and associates. I tried the "Elk test" before and after (wheel one way then the other quickly) and its like chalk and cheese. Previously it rolled and wallowed, now it "snakes" nicely.

Dampers set to 5f/4r....going to tweek them up a couple just to to experiment tomorrow.

First impressions good, corners fast and neutral instead of roll and understeer.

More tomorrow.

Steve
Old 25 May 2006, 10:51 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Steve, I'm sure they'll be fine for your needs Will you be tracking the car?

F
Old 26 May 2006, 07:48 AM
sjp63
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Floyd
Steve, I'm sure they'll be fine for your needs Will you be tracking the car?

F
No I wont be tracking it
Old 27 May 2006, 08:02 AM
sjp63
Scooby Regular

Been driving the new set up for a couple of days now and its a big improvement. The ARB's really do their job and I've settled for now with the AST's set to 7F/5R.
I really was unimpressed with the factory set up on the Wagon but PS have put the fun back ito the car.
I had feared a few bumps and knocks from the new suspension set up but its as quiet as a mouse.

Steve