Prodrive Springs Fitted Today

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2006, 09:12 PM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive Springs Fitted Today

Unbelievable difference

Best money spent so far (well after ppp)

What to save for next though-

18"s?
Bigger brakes?
Something nice for the girlfriend?

Old 03 March 2006, 09:49 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

T123VOR, glad you are pleased with the PD springs. I was well pleased with mine as soon as I saw it parked ready for collection sitting much more poised.

Don't know what MY you have, but I have made small warranty friendly modifications to my 53 plate WRX which have made it even better. Like you I have fitted PPP, then prodrive springs and I would definately recommend 18" wheels with the best tyres money can buy.

The 18" PWRC1 wheels and Mich PS2 tyres have given me even more out of the PPP in lower gears, not to mention regaining the comfort of the original springs. The car feels awsome now and is just loosening up nicely at 11k miles.

Will be considering other minor add ons with ultimately a remap and maybe a different exhaust system and uprated brake pads when they need replacing. But for now PPP, Springs, 18's and a top notch set of tyres is the best warranty friendly way to make your Scooby even more enjoyable!
Old 03 March 2006, 09:57 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

Mudflaps mate would be the next thig to keep that paint work down the sides stone chip free. If I had another new car that would be one of the first things I would put on it.
Old 03 March 2006, 10:12 PM
RB5 69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T123VOR
What to save for next though-

18"s?
Bigger brakes?
Something nice for the girlfriend?

YES!! .... in that order!!
Old 04 March 2006, 11:14 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

I'd suggest rear anti roll bar, drop links and geometry re-set - just had that fitted to my 05 wrx (ppp and prodrive springs fitted previously) and the difference is amazing.
Old 06 March 2006, 09:37 PM
giggio26
Scooby Regular

Hi,
do you know the part number of prodrive springs for 05 wrx?
Old 06 March 2006, 10:17 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

What about Eibach's? Are they not the same spring so you are just paying extra for the name? I have a 05 WRX BTW and looking to do the springs at the end of the month so just posing a question.

Trending Topics

Old 07 March 2006, 10:39 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

giggio26

The part number for the 05MY (& 06MY) WRX spring kit is SACC2666.

Gazz300

Whilst Eibach manufacture our springs, they make them to our specification, not their's and the specs are quite different. With the ultimate respect to their engineers, any development testing they do is normally done on German roads, we do ours both here and in the US to get the optimal set-up for the roads they're being driven on. We also include a new front bumpstop in some applications (STi & 05MY on WRX) which further helps in improving both the ride and the handling.

Regards

Mike
Old 07 March 2006, 11:11 AM
Nick L
Scooby Regular

I am also looking for the next best thing after PPP and Prodrive Spring Kit. I was looking at changing the drop links and the rear anti roll bar mod but Subaru have told me that as Subaru don't supply they will not fit - It s a company car and they have to act for the lease company (they give authorisation for work).
I am worried that if I go to Scoobymania or somwhere that even though they will warranty the parts if teh effecdt of changing them causes another issue (at least in Subaru's eyes) that Subaru will not fix for free and Scoobymania will deny it had anything to do with them. I will be left with a big bill and a spanking from our Fleet Department.

Can anyone help
Or any advice on the likelihood of effecting other parts.

I am thinking that it could effect tyre wear etc and it might get noticed when I need a new set even more regularly than I do now!!

Thanks

Nick
Old 07 March 2006, 12:13 PM
T123VOR
Scooby Regular

There's some prodrive springs on ebay now- have a look at those!

The difference is amazing- its not even one those 'had something fitted which cost alot of money therefore it is better' situations-

i have a 'special' corner which i have been able to take a little faster/flatter/safer

Go do it

Trevor
Old 07 March 2006, 01:04 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Nick L - I have, er, a friend who recently got his local dealer (Gatwick Group) to supply and fit the rear roll bar and links to his company car.

Obviously this wasn't billed to the fleet company, but apparently the dealer is very good with keeping things like that quiet; it's just between them and my mate.

I'm not sure he nows exactly where they'll stand on warranty etc., but it's unlikely it will affect anything else on the car.

Tyre wear may be more affected by the geometry settings than the roll bar.

Get it done!
Old 07 March 2006, 09:33 PM
Gazz300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeWood
giggio26

Gazz300

Whilst Eibach manufacture our springs, they make them to our specification, not their's and the specs are quite different. With the ultimate respect to their engineers, any development testing they do is normally done on German roads, we do ours both here and in the US to get the optimal set-up for the roads they're being driven on. We also include a new front bumpstop in some applications (STi & 05MY on WRX) which further helps in improving both the ride and the handling.

Regards

Mike
Cheers Mike. Appreciate the recc.
Old 07 March 2006, 10:01 PM
giggio26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeWood
giggio26

Mike
ok thanks!
Old 13 March 2006, 09:34 PM
Mick Fletcher
Scooby Regular

Is it necessary for wheel realignment after fitting the prodrive springs to a 05 WRX?
Old 13 March 2006, 09:48 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mick Fletcher
Is it necessary for wheel realignment after fitting the prodrive springs to a 05 WRX?
Yes, definately. Any time the suspension is removed the alignment should be done, otherwise you could end up with a poorly handling car and shocking tyre wear.

Tony.
Old 21 March 2006, 09:26 AM
ScoobyDooMe
Scooby Regular

Definately get a full geometry adjustment after the prodrive spings are fitted, prodrive have recommended geometry settings for this.

The tyres will wear more quickly with prodrive spings fitted anyway, but to minimise this you have to get the set-up right, or it will chew them to pieces in no time at all.
Old 30 March 2006, 11:37 AM
Andy Murdoch
Scooby Regular

FAO Mike Wood,

I have just bought a set of Prodrive sport springs for my 02 Bugeye STi from my dealer. The kit doesn't come with new bump stops but the later models do? Is this correct and why does my MY car not require different bump stops. I would like to find out before I fit them.

The feedback sounds very good and I'm glad I went for these ones if they're developed for our crumbling roads.

thanks
Andy
Old 30 March 2006, 09:42 PM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

Andy

In 2002 we hadn't done the work to find the bumpstop we now use so it wasn't part of the kit. Fitting the later bumpstops will improve the car so it's worth getting your dealer to fit them.

Regards

Mike