Notices

TCA,S

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2006, 11:10 AM
gordon mcalpine
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TCA,S

does anyone know of a conversion kit for adustalbe TCA,s & ARB ,for the front end of my02 wrx please if so where can i get one ,thanks
Old 02 January 2006, 05:18 PM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gordon:
Adjustable TCA i guess you want to dial-out bumpsteer?
On Impreza's the trick is made by moving the rack in it's mountings.
Anti roll bars can be had from several sources, my vote is this thread's sponsor, Power Station, details above.

Hope I've interpreted your first question correctly.

Graham
Old 02 January 2006, 06:41 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Subaru Imprezas don't have TCA's they have a full wishbone, which is non adjustable.

Adjustable TCA's on Fords are to adjust the camber. If that's what you're after then Subaru use adjustable camber bolts between the stub axle carrier and the bottom of the strut (I think). These do a similar job (and are much cheaper - bonus!)
Old 02 January 2006, 10:43 PM
Scooby Regular

I've known TCA's to be on the steering rack to the hubs as well as the 'ford' 'bmc' arm/rod member of the lower wishbone!

Old 03 January 2006, 12:15 PM
gordon mcalpine
Scooby Newbie

the wishbone is what i want to get rid of thus better control of the arb because tca,s dont have droplinks but if conversion kits are not availbe i will have to think on going to coilovers .my car is set up with sti 9 jdm struts,whiteline droplinks ,whiteline antidivekit ,ebach springs ,was fitted witha 22mmwl/antiroll bar & the set up was done by supertracker factory .set up is very good,no oversteer to talk of a little understeer to as i wanted ,but the ride i found to hard,so i refitted the 19mm arb got rid of the hard ride but im back to over steer problems again,or is it a case of going to adjustable topmount ,as i had the car setup with the 19mm arb in place twice and i wasn,t happy ,(idont fill like going that root again) im at a bit of lost to know what direction togo.
Old 03 January 2006, 12:50 PM
Scooby Regular

I'm slightly confused about the components.

The Sti struts should be a bit stiffer as I presume your car is a (lighter)classic.
I would add the Noltec front top mounts to max caster, re fit the 22 in the rear and add 22 to the front. Place the rear drop links to middle hole and tyre pressures about 30/28 Fr/Rr.

I would expect the car to be neutral, but a lot depends on the toe settings too.

Maybe i've confused things here, but welcome any thoughts.

Graham
Old 03 January 2006, 01:20 PM
gordon mcalpine
Scooby Newbie

My car is a my 02 it rear has a22mm arb ,droplinks whiteline & adjustable camber bolts rear. My problem is the ride is very hard to the front of the car thus why i change my arb on the front back to standard 19mm thus getting back the oversteer prob that the 22mm arb got rid of would realy like to run with the 22mm arb on the front but as i say it bl--dy uncomfortable. the struts are a lot stiffer inverted type
Old 04 January 2006, 07:57 AM
Scooby Regular

Roll bars will not affect ride quality on a straight road, but will vastly alter the comfort level side to side on the road.
I have 22mm whitelines front and back once on stock Sti V3 suspension and the ride was great on the staight, 'choppy' side to side but cornered great.
I have the same bars now on very very hard competition level AST coilovers which is great, chassis is very good but very harsh.
Are you sure that the basic suspension is right (for you)?

Maybe P1 or Sti V5/V6 with eibach sprinds and 22mm rear bar will give the comfort and performance level you need?

I don't know where you are located, but a call/trip to PowerStation in Tewksbury would work wonders for you.
Speak to Rich or Andy or Curtis. (I.m a very happy customer)

Let us know how you get on.

Graham.
Old 04 January 2006, 05:00 PM
gordon mcalpine
Scooby Newbie

choppy exactly,graham ,going to try refit std wrx struts fronts with the 22mm arb refitted, after talking to one of guys at supertracker a bit of a compromise ,if this doesn,t give me handling /ride iwant then i will have to consider coilovers,if i can get a good set at the right price i can fit them get them set up in supertrackers factory in woolston near me ,cheers for you help ,gord ,ps do you know of any good place for supply only coilovers at not silly money,cheers
Old 04 January 2006, 06:07 PM
Scooby Regular

You will get what you pay for.
I made this misake and bought AVO's. Not Good (IMO)

If buying second hand i would search for LEDA and avoid Jap units as toooooo stiff.

I am very bias, so beware, but a set of AST's will have you Rockin' an Rollin...but not literally!
Fabulous units, only from PowerStation.

If you wish read my early pages on Projects Thread 'Search for the Perfect Chassis'.

Graham