Eibach Springs on my MY05 STi

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2005, 01:22 PM
Way
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Springs on my MY05 STi

Ok ... my MY05 STi is rather sickly ;(

I've had my car now for 15000 km from Brand new. Had a few extras done to it , and have started to notice some strange things. - maybe you can help me out here -

I recently put some Eibach springs on my car ( 25mm drop )... shortly after i started hearing lotsa of clanks and tack coming from the driver side front right wheel. Taking my car back for a tune-up we noticed after taking off the wheel there was grease on the inside of the rimm. I took it back to the Subaru dealer and they said there was a loose plate and some grease had leaked ( that was fixed ) I Still however hear that clank / tack when driving slowly over small bumps.

I also get a slight squeeking sound when reversing.

Over and above that .. some spirited driving and launching i fried my clutch at 12500 km .. decided to go with a HKS twin-plate. Noisy as hell by took VERY well. I've not bee happy with this at all. Its very sporradic in the way it engages , sometimes slips , pedal sticks etc etc.

A month after changing the clutch i started experiencing some funnies ...
5th Gear would allways grind when engaging. *cruunch*, clutch would make a grinding sound the first time i depress it after driving, and now my Turbosmart BOV is scratching on the inside of the bonnet ... Changing hard i also get a very loud CLANK at the rear of the car - if i change fast and manage clutch control a little - i can avoid the clank at the back.

I'm having a stock clutch put back in next week, but the other stuff still bugs me like hell !!

After driving nicely for 2 weeks and 5th gear ( claiming to be synco ) still scratching . i got pissed off and forced 5th gear hard over to the right and in... stranglely .. it no longer grinds .. surely if it was the syncro it woulda made it worse? or not work at all ?

Now this all together with the clank and clunk , with the clutch working like crap , grease on the inside of the wheel is making me feel a little depressed .

any comments ? /discuss - any help much appreciated.