Notices

WR1 / STI 04 Suspension Mods

Search this Thread

Old 18 September 2005, 03:32 PM
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 / STI 04 Suspension Mods

Was thinking on upgrading the suspension and wondered if any other WR1 or STI 04 owners had done similar mods:

Whiteline 22mm front ARB
Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear ARB
Whiteline Anti-lift kit
Whiteline upper adjustable strut brace
Powerstation Bump Steer mod

The links on my car are already steel, is it worth forking out extra for the Whiteline alloy links?

Any of you tried Toyo T1-R tyres? How do they compare with the P-Zero's?

Cheers

Anders
Old 18 September 2005, 06:03 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Got the adjustable rear bar on mine. Powerstation fitted it and they said no need to change the drop links.

They did the geometry at the same time and part of this was to check bump steer. It checked out ok so no need to do the bumpsteer mod. Think this is only something needed on classics.

Would be interested to hear how the rest of the whiteline kit performs.

I went from P zero's to Bridgestone RE070's. They're the ones the WR1's came into the country on with 17" rims, they're awesome and for £440 quid for 4 wheels and tyres well worth considering (if there's any left). Might look at resurrecting the 18's with some new rubber now it's getting damper and slippier out there, would probably go with Goodyear GSD3's.
Old 18 September 2005, 11:05 PM
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chelspeed
Got the adjustable rear bar on mine. Powerstation fitted it and they said no need to change the drop links.

They did the geometry at the same time and part of this was to check bump steer. It checked out ok so no need to do the bumpsteer mod. Think this is only something needed on classics.

Would be interested to hear how the rest of the whiteline kit performs.

I went from P zero's to Bridgestone RE070's. They're the ones the WR1's came into the country on with 17" rims, they're awesome and for £440 quid for 4 wheels and tyres well worth considering (if there's any left). Might look at resurrecting the 18's with some new rubber now it's getting damper and slippier out there, would probably go with Goodyear GSD3's.
Thought the alloy drop links might be over kill. Saves me a few quid. Good to hear there's no need for the bump steer mod on the new shape's. A few more quid saved!

I've read lots of good feedback on here from people that fitted the Whiteline ALK. May as well fit this at the same time as the ARB's if the car's in pieces.

How much do Powerstation charge for labour by the way?

My current tyres have about 2K left on them, and I'm torn between the GSD3's and the T1-R's for the next set. I'll probably do a search for any other opinions and comparisons on here before making a choice.

Cheers

Anders

BTW Now a member of wr1oc.
Old 19 September 2005, 10:10 AM
simo
Scooby Regular

got the front / rear arbs & the alf on my MY03 STI. Definatly make a difference for the better Get the geometry set up done at the same time & you are sorted

Ref tyres, have a look at Mitchelin Pilot Sport 2's. Night & day better that PZero Neros & Toyos imho.

Simon
Old 19 September 2005, 09:56 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't listen to Simon, get the ALK instead of the alf as the latter is a puppet alien from some crappy 80's sitcom and that won't really help your handling.

F
Old 19 September 2005, 10:06 PM
Anders_WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Floyd
Don't listen to Simon, get the ALK instead of the alf as the latter is a puppet alien from some crappy 80's sitcom and that won't really help your handling.

F
But I would be the first to have Subaru-Alien hybrid technology...
Old 20 September 2005, 08:23 AM
simo
Scooby Regular

F leave it, I have ALF on mine, thats why its better in the wet than yours