Notices

Eibach Spring Problem on an Blob Eye Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2005, 06:01 PM
WRXEEEEEED
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Spring Problem on 04 WRX Blob Eye Wagon

Just had the car fitted with Whiteline ARB Rear, Drop Lnks,anti lift kit, and Eibach springs on original WRX Dampers.

I now have an intermitent knocking noise, the car is an 04 Model Wagon and not 12 months old yet, but the noise is driving me mad, thought it was the top mounts at first, but all are ok even the dampers are fine what could it be? anyone else had the same prob when eibach springs were fitted? if so what was it?

Ive had the springs, coated with a plastic sleeve, at the Power Station in Gloucester where I had all the other stuff done aswell, and to be fair to the guys at Power Station they tried to sort the prob, only its still knocking

Help Guys!

Last edited by WRXEEEEEED; 17 February 2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 16 February 2005, 06:08 PM
IanK Spec C
Scooby Regular

You have PM.

Regards,

Ian
Old 18 February 2005, 07:17 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

This will probably be the droplinks touching either the ARB or lateral link's. There isn't enough clearance on certain droplinks when the suspension is dropped.

This is why I fitted the powerflex droplinks as they have a more pronounced curve and hence clearance.

Jason
Old 18 February 2005, 07:22 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Yep, sounds like knocking drop links, I had mine modified by Powerflex to give greater clearance, they do know that this is an issue on WRX esp with Eibachs fitted, if they are your problem you will see paint missing on the ARB at the point of contact, take a look...
Old 18 February 2005, 09:23 PM
WRXEEEEEED
Scooby Regular

cheers guys I will check, funnily enough Eibach have admited to me that there was a problem with the 01-02 WRX spring kits, so have revised them accordingly, pity Eibach dont do their research properly, which is mad when you consider who they supply in the motorsport world.

Thank god for scoobynet is all I can say and all you lot who have responded so far Im well impressed, and cant thank you enough especially ian who sent the pics cheers bro

Nick