MY96 - EIBACH AND KONI INSERTS

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2004, 07:24 PM
mark_my96
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MY96 - EIBACH AND KONI INSERTS

HI
this being my first posting,just recently bought my first impreza - uk model -std apart from stainless back box , cone filter and boost gauge. the excuse being to the missus need a 4wd vehicle to get to work when there's ice on the lanes here in winter

i was at first quite impressed with the handling,but after 2 weeks i noticed quite a bit of roll, leaning on the front or rear , seemed pretty soft. former cars seemed to corner better in dry 200sx modified and E36 M3.
After ringing around, and not wanting to go to full coil overs, plumped for Eibachs with koni inserts.

These being fitted today, after my local garage chopped off the KYB's, ride height is only 10mm lower all round? also dialled in the Prodrive settingsf or camber and toe in - car feels hellish stfiffer , only have the dampers 1/2 turn up, ( 2 full revs between firm and hard)

will keep you informed on level of improvement, at the mo its' torrential rain.

i didn't see much info on this spring /damper set up on this forum- i hope my postings will be of use.

Not sure quite what to do about upping ther HP, i keep reading postings warning of Superchips and crude boost arrangements.

Regards
Old 21 October 2004, 09:28 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mark_my96
HI
this being my first posting,just recently bought my first impreza - uk model -std apart from stainless back box , cone filter and boost gauge. the excuse being to the missus need a 4wd vehicle to get to work when there's ice on the lanes here in winter

i was at first quite impressed with the handling,but after 2 weeks i noticed quite a bit of roll, leaning on the front or rear , seemed pretty soft. former cars seemed to corner better in dry 200sx modified and E36 M3.
After ringing around, and not wanting to go to full coil overs, plumped for Eibachs with koni inserts.

These being fitted today, after my local garage chopped off the KYB's, ride height is only 10mm lower all round? also dialled in the Prodrive settingsf or camber and toe in - car feels hellish stfiffer , only have the dampers 1/2 turn up, ( 2 full revs between firm and hard)

i didn't see much info on this spring /damper set up on this forum- i hope my postings will be of use.

Not sure quite what to do about upping ther HP, i keep reading postings warning of Superchips and crude boost arrangements.

Regards
Hi mate ive got the full koni kit lowered 35-40mm handles mint but very harsh ride but still you cant have everything!!! happy with looks though. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...hyesmintin.jpg
Old 21 October 2004, 10:53 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mark_my96
HI

Regards
Would expect yours to drop a further 10-15mm though after a month or so after the springs bed in,so if youre unhappy with the ride height i wouldnt worry too much just yet.
Old 22 October 2004, 08:20 AM
mark_my96
Scooby Regular

Thanks, i 'll wait a while , came to work this morning a massive difference, even though roads still wet, taking corners with confidence, neutral feel through the bends.

Roll on dry days.
Old 22 October 2004, 08:55 PM
Pastor
BANNED

To up the BHP and torque the best and cheapest solution would be a scoobyecu, about £100. It's a plug and play operation in a UK car, the only problem you will have is getting one.
Do a search for scoobyecu on the forum and you'll find out more.