Notices

If you have or are planning on getting Eibachs..

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2004, 09:03 PM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile If you have or are planning on getting Eibachs..

Thought it worth sharing this.. I had Eibachs fitted to my '01 bug at TSL and geometry reset in June. Drove home and to be honest felt like I had just thrown away £350 odd, ride was harsh, crashing, noisy over bumps and really felt like it drove worse than when it went in. Had a service done at MK Subaru last wk, they reported that it was more noisy over bumps than it should be and that one of the rear drop links was far more worn than they would expect on a car with just 19,000 on the clock. So I fitted Powerflex drop links next day, now drives so, so much better, less crashing, quieter, smoother, more stable, blah blah. Morale is if you are fitting Eibachs and like me thinking twice about bothering with the drop links, IMO it is absolutly worth spending the £80 odd to do them at the same time.
Old 08 September 2004, 07:37 AM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

I got a question for ya, i had my car fitted with Eibachs, rear drop links, and a front strut brace, and mine is a little knocky still, does yours still knock though?
I mean sometimes it seems to knock more on a road where you think is flatish, then on another road where you think it would knock you hear **** all? Is yours like this?
Also, do the drop links fit extremely close to the anti-roll bar?
Cus on mine when they changed em, them Powerflex look almost close enough to be knocking themselves?
So, is it not knocky, a little, or a lot? LOL
Old 08 September 2004, 09:15 AM
BrynO
Scooby Regular

I've not noticed any knocking at all, but I've only driven on A roads and a over a few thousand speed bumps since. Like you say the drop links are real close to the ARB, maybe a mm between them, but they should not touch, you'll see marks on the paint on the ARB if they are catching.
Old 08 September 2004, 07:41 PM
MaDaSS
Scooby Regular

Yeah thx for that info. I thought it was maybe the springs, as i have read on here about them before. But i was told the newer springs were no longer like it!
Yeah right! LOL