Notices

Powerflex Bushes

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2000, 05:03 PM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've heard some good reports about the effects of fitting these to your car.

However, they are quite expensive (even with a 15% discount!), and I'm wondering if there are some that have more effect than others (ie more cost effective in terms of results).

I can see the benefits of fitting the ones to the front wishbones and anti-roll bar, but not so sure about the ones at the rear (where there are more, and potentially much more labour intensive to fit).

Any thoughts on whether the ones at the rear are worth doing, and if so which ones would you do first, or all at the same time ?

Old 18 October 2000, 07:19 PM
gaudy
Scooby Regular

John
Ive just fitted powerflex anti-roll bar bushes to the rear of mine, they hardly make any difference, it does feel a bit better around corners. Took me about 10 mins to fit, piece of ****..
Old 19 October 2000, 09:05 AM
Erik
Scooby Regular

Hi John,

I have Powerflex front and rear wishbone bushes fited and the are great. Car is much better drivable on road and landscape. For swaybar is better MRT stock. Front and rear links with swaybar bushes are much cheaper than Powerflex and links are harder /no flexing/. I am very satisfied.

Erik
Old 20 October 2000, 04:03 PM
MarkF
Scooby Regular

John i've got powerflex bushes in the front of my wrx. They made a big difference to the handling. They are well worth the time and money. I'm now looking to sort out the rears now that finances allow!
Mark
Old 20 October 2000, 04:42 PM
JohnS

Thanks guys

I'll see how the finances go, but I think I'll try the front wishbones ones first, and then think about the rears later.

I'll let you all know how I get on.
Old 29 October 2000, 11:50 PM
Triggaaar
Scooby Regular

Question

Guys,
I've just lost one of the std bushes on the front anti-roll bar, so the question of whether I should go for powerflex bushes has come up. If having them fitted to the anti roll bar, is it also necessary to fit them to the wishbones?
And, how much are they, and where can I get them from (West London)?

Thanks.
Old 31 October 2000, 11:34 AM
JohnS

You can buy them from most Motorsports dealers, or even Powerflex directly (who are in West London I think).

No need to replace all the bushes, but I've heard that the ones at the front make a noticeable difference to turn in etc.

Some are easy to fit (e.g. 10 - 15 minutes for front anti-roll bar bushes), and some are an absolute nightmare (e.g. some of those on the rear, which cost many times more to fit in labour charges than they cost to buy!)
Old 02 November 2000, 12:10 PM
scoootie5
Scooby Regular

Smile

Replaced both back and front antiroll bar bushes with powerflex ones cos I thought they were knocking.. Took me about 10 mins to fit, didn't even need to jack it up!!

Didn't cure the knocking cos it was the exhaust.. But only made a slight difference.