Notices

VersionIV suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 1999, 09:45 AM
N/A
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK first off I own a US spec Impreza 2.5RS and I am moving back to Japan soon. I wanted to know what owners thought of the VersionIV suspension since I am going to be installing one? I have been told that the front end is a little bouncy but that it handles great for the street use. I don't intend to race mine on the track or offroad so I am OK with that. I would have went with the VersionV but it is a little expensive for me right now with the move. It is more than a thousand dollars cheaper to get the VersionIV here in the US then buy a VersionV suspension. Any input?
Old 09 November 1999, 10:17 AM
firefox
Scooby Regular

Cool

Howdy..

I found the suspension quite hard... Thats Jap suspension for you... *shrugs*

It seemed to handle and not roll at all... but a bit to firm for UK roads....

but should be ok for over in Japan...

I never noticed much bounce.. *shrugs*

J.
Old 09 November 1999, 01:29 PM
Darren Soothill
Scooby Regular

One thing you could do is see if anyone in the UK has some STI suspension for sale as alot of people have uprated to Leda. My own suspension was sent to someone in the USA!

Darren
Old 09 November 1999, 01:56 PM
david
Scooby Regular

Same here, I sold my STi V suspension to Michael Paone in the US, he is a reader of this board so his email address should be on here somewhere.

Dave
Old 09 November 1999, 01:58 PM
Villines
Scooby Newbie

sorry for the name change but this is my work account. I got my suspension from somebody int he UK for $160 (US). The versionV costs over $1200 to buy here. I got the VersionIV since the wife doesn't understand the car thing and thinks I am just wasting money. I am also after somebody's STI front seats if they are parting with them. I just have to try and slip the cash by the wife so she doesn't get too mad. Between the 401K and other retirement accounts my available cash is low. That is why I buy things fromt he UK. Besides the US companies and alot of the info sites in the US have given me bad info in the past. This is the best place for answers. The only thing I never got cleared up was the info for the side mirror swap to heated ones. I can't find any info on whether it is a identical mirror and where to get one. Thanks for the opinions about the suspensions. keep them coming.
Old 09 November 1999, 02:09 PM
mark245
Scooby Regular

The version 5 suspension is the so called inverted strut, made by Bilstein. The stuff on STI 4's [ apart from type R's ] is the same as UK MY98 suspension[ Made by KYB]. This has been confirmed by part numbers etc. Dont pay extra because it came off an STI 4!
Buyers of STI 4's could specify STI suspension pack, which I believe is Bilstein also. But the nomal stuff is bog standard, as seen on UK cars.
Old 09 November 1999, 03:48 PM
firefox
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hey..

I gave you the part numbers for the mirrors..

They are the same...but did change in 98..

Mail me...and we'll sort it out again..

J. (Jay_UK)

Trending Topics

Old 09 November 1999, 04:02 PM
Villines
Scooby Newbie

I tried to get an answer from a UK dealership but after over a month got no reply from them even though I emailed them twice. The US dealers won't even talk to me about it. I might just wait until I get to Japan and deal directly with the source. I still have the part numbers though. A parts supplier here int he US has even tried to get an answer but never received one. Is the mirror the same in size, shape, and wiring? Reason is I only intend to do it to the drivers side mirror. I can't wait to get the VersionIV suspension in! Is it going to lower the car the 3/4 of an inch that I have been told? For only $160 I really couldn't pass it up. KYB or not it will be a huge improvement over the stock US ones. Keep sending me your parts....
Old 09 November 1999, 06:41 PM
firefox
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi..

The glass is the same size....

I'm not sure if the wiring loom has connections in for the heated glass. Only you can check that on the US Impreza.

If you want the glasses.. I can courier them over to you... its not a problem.

J.