Notices

anyone got eibach springs?? what difference do they make??

Search this Thread

Old 09 February 2004, 08:39 PM
zenyck100@hotmail.com
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone got eibach springs?? what difference do they make??

gonna get my geometry setup soon so i thought i may get a set of eibach springs put on at the same time.

anyone got a set on thier classic scooby??? if so, what are they like???

cheers

Zen
Old 10 February 2004, 09:48 AM
TonyNesta
Scooby Regular

I have Eibach springs on my MY98, along with Bilstein dampers - they came as a set with the Prodrive handling pack. They are noticeably stiffer than standard, and lower the car approx. 25mm.

The suspension package makes the car a lot better round long sweeping bends, and is very good on track - much less body roll. It can get a bit tiresome on uneven surfaces, especially if you have 17" wheels or bigger, but I can live with it.

One point to note is that if you are going to upgrade the springs, you should change the dampers too. The standard dampers may not cope with the harder springing, and you may end up bobbing up and down, which is not good.

Hope this helps,

T
Old 10 February 2004, 11:56 AM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens

Just has Eibachs fitted to mine (MY00) along with full geometry setup, and as Tony said, they are noticeably stiffer. I've still got the OE dampers on mine (along with OE 16inch wheels), and haven't noticed any bobbing up and down, despite taking the car out for a couple of 'test runs' on some local twisty roads . It is definitely better through sweeping bends, and there's less understeer (thanks to the geometry setup). Willl hopefully be trying them out on track in the next couple of months. Might even be putting 17s back on (if the fourth wheel ever turns up , but that's another story)
Old 10 February 2004, 02:32 PM
scoobey555
Scooby Regular

any one got them on a sti v2 1995 car ?
Old 10 February 2004, 04:19 PM
cool.j
Scooby Regular

I have, the previous owner put them on --- new Kayaba (KYB) gas struts with Eibach lowering springs, that what it says on the list of mods he gave me
Old 10 February 2004, 04:30 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had them on my RB5 for about 2 yrs now (std dampers). Improvement was noticeable and seemed to make the car cope with twisty and bumpy roads more than the OE setup.

It was enough for John Banks to comment when we went for a run in my car. He fitted Eibachs and some 17" wheels shortly after, so he seemed impressed too with the bang vs buck.

There no match for a full suspension kit, but for the price I think they are excellent VFM.

Stefan
Old 10 February 2004, 04:31 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just add, the Eibach Pro-Kit is known to suit the OE dampers very well. I've certainly not experienced any bobbing with them. Nice balance IMHO.

Stefan
Old 10 February 2004, 06:54 PM
MBScooby
Scooby Regular

Talking

I've had Eibachs fitted to my MY98 for about a week along with whiteline drop links, the car dropped about 15mm. I had the prodrive geometry settings done so far brilliant ride quality. Doesn't appear to have any understeer anymore if anything a little oversteer.
Old 10 February 2004, 08:01 PM
LB4
Scooby Regular

I have them on my 00 wagon and would say they are one of the best value mods you can do IMO. One thing i would advise is to have the geometry set up after you have done at least a few hundred miles. Initially i didn't think mine had dropped the car even 10mm but after a month it became more noticable, so there is a certain amount of settling that goes on for a period of time.
Compared to cars on standard springs mine is around 20mm lower now.

Gary