Notices

STI7 suspension upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2003, 12:11 AM
Lemmy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quite a few of us on SN have let Powerstation at Cheltenham work their majic on the suspension system. This comprises Prodrive springs (not supplied by PS), Whiteline anti lift kit, anti roll bar, drop links and four wheel laser alignment. The results are slightly harder ride over very poor roads (no difference on normal roads), alot flatter cornering and more steering feel.

Powerstation are happy to discuss your requirements and make recommendations based on their wide experience. They can tailor the mods for road or track.

Alan

Old 12 August 2003, 01:35 PM
nigel s
Scooby Regular

alansti7,
I would agree with Lemmy, the Prodrive developed springs for the Sti available from main dealer seam to work well so this would be the first upgrade. I would suggest fitting at Powerstation or TSL to take advatage of the lazer geometery wheel alignment. Add to this the Whiteline uprated rear sway bar with whiteline solid rear drop links these come with poly bushes, this should cost about £100 for the bar & £40 for the links plus fitting. This was my route although have added front & rear strut brace & anti-lift kit. This will make your car stay flatter through bends and when powering out of roundabouts.
Old 12 August 2003, 07:19 PM
alansti7
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the feedback.

I emailed TSL today (they're a bit nearer than Powerstation), and they said that the best option would be to go for their "phased" suspension mods, which consists of Eibach Pro spring kit, anti-roll bar, drop links, strut braces & geometry. They also said that my warranty would be unaffected with these mods. Anybody gone for this kit?

Old 14 August 2003, 09:40 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

Alan,

I would not recommend fitting the Eibach Pro Kit springs to the STi as they are not designed for it and some people have found (ITHO) that they do not work on the STi very well (as they are designed to work on the lighter old shape Scoob). If you are going to go for springs, go for the Prodrive (Eibach) springs. Coupled with that an uprated rear ARB, solid drop links, bushes AND don't forget the uprated rear ARB mounts!! I also like the ALK on the front too. All of these together with good Geometry setup improve the STi quite a large amount.

You also don't say what you want out of your suspension? For example, is this for road use or do you want something that is going to be good on the track because then you are really looking at replacing the dampers as well as the springs and going for some coilovers.....

Matt
Old 15 August 2003, 09:26 AM
alansti7
Scooby Regular

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to get a bit more out of the car on the track, but I would also like to keep my fillings when driving on the road!

It's a shame about the Eibach's through TSL - it looked like a really good package. Looks like Prodrive Springs it'll have to be for starters!

Cheers,

Alan.

Old 08 November 2003, 08:52 PM
alansti7
Scooby Regular

Question

I'm looking to upgrade the suspension on my (currently) standard STI7, and I'd just like to ask for people's opinions on what they think the best option is to go for. I've read several posts in this forum - Prodrive springs, full Eibach setup etc - but really I'm having difficult deciding what to do. I'm willing to say "s*d the warranty" and try and go for the best option available, so let's hear 'em!

[Edited by alansti7 - 8/11/2003 8:53:36 PM]