Notices

KW Variant 3 Coilovers (on a Skoda)

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2003, 01:41 PM
darkblueturbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In addition to my other thread about the wonders of TSL's chassis packs thought I'd say that I was taken for a drive Friday morning by a friend of a friend in his Skoda Octavia Turbo with Variant 3 of the KW coilovers installed.

Awesome equipment. There was literally NO pitch under braking or acceleration... VERY minimal when really pushed.
Again with the body roll under cornering, minimal when on the limit. The tyres would have let go long before the suspension did.

It rides over speed bumps without noticing them. Totally comfortable at low speeds and this was with the linear springs on it (it's mainly a track car).

There's a lane near my way with a 60 limit, but in the middle there's a horrible little hump that really unsettles my car at 50, or anything approaching it.
using this as an example he drove the same section or road at 50 and I didn't even notice it! SERIOUSLY!

So if I ever get so used to TSL's phase 4 that I want more I look at the KW's and would HIGHLY recommend anyone thinking of coilovers to do so too...!
Old 14 July 2003, 05:37 PM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

You're welcome

As you say, at low speeds or when not loaded dynamically it feels softer than a standard RS. Push it and it suddenly transforms into a bit of an hard thing. Just what I wanted.
Old 14 July 2003, 06:05 PM
darkblueturbo
Scooby Regular

that's what my Eibach's are like...

Yours are just MORE like that...

Eibachs are very good. KW coilovers are superb. As good as the Eibach springs are I'd definately say the KWcoilovers are worth the extra. I just don't have the xtra right now!

See you around. How are you enjoying your new Blitz boost gauge?