Koni adjustable good or to hard?

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2003, 03:39 PM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi chaps,
every one seems to go for coilovers on scoobs,
however for myself this is totally impractical, due to living on the isle of wight - which to be fair has great roads. the problem is that the roads are very un-even with loads of lumps and bumps, adverse cambers, twists and turns, rather like our friend from suffolk mentions - you get the picture i am sure. my friend has coilovers and the car wants to throw itself in a hedge most of the time!

i want to go for a Koni or Bilstein setup, that utilise the standard damper design. some company's have tried to put me off doing so, and even said that none of the company's i have mentioned do such kits?!?! (i have found a kits using either koni's or billie's.) i would like to know why this is, if any reasons that you can think of for them saying this are other than money motivated.

Such approaches to suspension modding like those i mention do not seem to be a popular mod here on SN - i have run billies on pug 205's for years with fantastic results. i always assumed that the same sort of kits would be popular mods for scoobs ?

sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but i think it has some relevance to the title.

i would like to know your views on what the most suitable set-up in your eyes would be for the terrain i drive on every day. i feel the koni/billie route that i mention.

cheers Weava

[Edited by mista weava - 7/2/2003 3:40:46 PM]
Old 25 June 2003, 06:32 PM
Lewbo
Scooby Newbie

Anyone got a koni kit with adjustable damper if so what do you think ?
Old 25 June 2003, 06:53 PM
blachie
Scooby Regular

i d be interested to know as well...anyone?
Old 25 June 2003, 07:46 PM
mark245
Scooby Regular

Put Koni's and Eibachs onto my old MY94( which had complete my98 suspension on). Absolutely superb, had them on lowest setting, to cope with crappy suffolk lanes. The whole suspension felt more composed, much better control, better ride comfort than standard.I then changed from Toyo tyres to Bridgestone SO3's which was a big mistake. To get anything like the same control, i had to put a turn ( harder) onto the Koni's and add a couple more psi of pressure to tyres. Thoroughly recomend the konis, dont know what they are like with OE springs, but with Eibachs they are great. Never tracked it, so dont know what they would be like in those situations, but as a fast road set up, fantastic. Just dont put SO3's on!
Mark
Old 04 July 2003, 11:24 AM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

bttt
Old 05 July 2003, 01:27 PM
Flat Four Impreza Club
Scooby Regular

Koni/Eibach is a great set up. Just a bit more involved than you think when fitting
My advice? Go for it!!!!