Notices

Springs / Dampers

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2003, 08:48 PM
Mcbrun555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My problem is not directly Scooby related but more of a general question about suspension.

I have just got my first car (Vauxhall Corsa), and want to improve the handling, the car rolls way too much and on a bumpy B-Road (which I will be using a lot of) it is almost lethal.

So my question is, If I remove the jelly holding the wheels to the car and replace with stiffer springs will the dampers and anti-roll bar need changing too as they would no longer compliment the springs?

I know I am not going to be able to morph my Corsa into an Impreza but surely there are gains to be made.

I have come here to ask you guys as the main response from the Vauxhall lot has been "slam it too the floor" or "just cut the original springs".

Mcbrun555
Old 23 April 2003, 01:51 PM
fivepint
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

hi ya, IMHO (not any kind of expert whatsoever disclaimer) fitting stiffer dampers with lower springs may worsen the problem especailly on the roads u've decribed, increasing anti-roll bar stiffness may be a better bet, but I would personally consult some of the Vauxhall tuners, Courtney comes to mind, or even your local dealer who may be involved in motorsprt, Irmischer have good rally pedigree too...hope this helps ?!?!