Notices

Finally got my STi lowered

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2023, 07:10 PM
Luke Kay
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Finally got my STi lowered

Hey all, been a while since I’ve been active on here but I decided against struts and springs and went for coils, specifically Tein flex Z. The car feels incredible and also looks SO much better than it did at oem height. Struggle to get on the drive now but it’s worth it I think! I might make another post or video review of them for anyone considering them, honestly for the price, you can’t go wrong at all. Here’s some pics of how she sits!

We made no adjustments and put them on, kept the height they came out the box qt and it looks awesome! Might come a slight bit down at the front to even out that gap a little more, but at 3 clicks away from FULL STIFF she still feels amazing. Those of you saying these coilovers aren’t worth it, I don’t believe you at all because to me they are better than oem.
The following 2 users liked this post by Luke Kay:
Old 18 April 2023, 10:01 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 640 Likes on 466 Posts

Check your droplinks are still nice and vertical......you may need extended ball joints to take your roll centre back down.
But I may be teaching you to suck eggs, in which case, sorry.
Looks good.
Old 18 April 2023, 03:53 PM
Luke Kay
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Check your droplinks are still nice and vertical......you may need extended ball joints to take your roll centre back down.
Thank you! Yeah that’s one thing I was gonna consider, for the moment it’s perfectly fine as it is cause I just drive it steady learning how the car handles still before I do any hard driving. But I’m definitely gonna consider more handling stuff this year cause I’ve heard a lot of people say that our cars are really sensitive to geometry changes so I’m going to look at roll centre correction kits, stuff like that.
Me and my dad have just replaced the ball joints with oem ones and 2 days after we fitted them I found extended ball joints which apparently are ideal for lowered cars, I wish I had seen them a few days before