Notices

Control arms

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2021, 01:25 PM
sti ish
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Control arms

Hi all , looking at replacing my rear control arms and trailing arms.

I have been looking at hardrace set but heard mixed reviews on these.

Have whiteline products that I never had an issue with but only problem I have is which set

Cars 2003 wrx sti

Is it kta109 I need ? Thats what seems to come up but then others say it's kta108 also scoobyworx have the kta123

Or do I get the sti pillowball trailing arms and control arm set ? Only issue is the pink really don't want pink on my car lol

Any help will be appreciated

Last edited by sti ish; 02 March 2021 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02 March 2021, 02:37 PM
RetroPug
Scooby Regular

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I have hardrace rear arms on my daily WRX and they have been great so far. Given that I have free access to a Hunter rig the adjustability is great too.

I personally would not use polyurethane for suspension bushes that act in torsion/rotationally, which is why I went for hardrace in the first place, and why I have STI Grp.N rear bushes and hardrace rubber front bushes on order for the front wishbones as well. However, others are obviously happy using them.

Old 02 March 2021, 03:35 PM
sti ish
Scooby Regular

I have no issues getting the full sti group n set trailing arms and control arms they are all pillowball my issue with it just the pink on them and don't fancy paying for them to be sent of powder coated and returned as will cost at least 200 on top of the 800 quid it cost for the sti grp n set

how long have you had the hardrace stuff on your car? How many miles covered ?

Old 03 March 2021, 06:45 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

I’ve got the hard race rear trailing arms and front wishbone antilift thingies all good and still blue as they were when new been over 3 years since fitting 👌

I used a mix of super pro and hard race bushes on mine no problems
Old 03 March 2021, 02:51 PM
RetroPug
Scooby Regular

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by sti ish
I have no issues getting the full sti group n set trailing arms and control arms they are all pillowball my issue with it just the pink on them and don't fancy paying for them to be sent of powder coated and returned as will cost at least 200 on top of the 800 quid it cost for the sti grp n set

how long have you had the hardrace stuff on your car? How many miles covered ?
I'm not exactly sure on the distance covered, but my impreza is my main car and is driven daily and I fit them about a year and a half ago.

Are you doing the work yourself or having it done for you? Could you replace the OE bushes in your existing arms?

To be clear- I'm not trying to steer you away from whiteline's products. I have a whiteline RARB fitted. Plenty of people are happy running polybushes in control arms and they're very durable and cost-effective, and very easy to change DIY. I personally do not think that they're optimal in terms of handling.

Old 03 March 2021, 03:31 PM
sti ish
Scooby Regular

Im having the work done for me , ideally replacing all subframe and arms nuts and bolts

Done the front with brand new c frame engine bed super Pro alloy arms whiteline arm steering rack all brand new from icp

The rear I have whitleine arb

Just want all new parts and to be fresh for another good few year
Old 04 March 2021, 12:31 AM
ST-X
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I've got a set of Hardrace rubber bushed arms on the back of my WRX and have to say they made a major difference on my 90k mile car. I know bushes soften with age but unless the bushes have actually failed I'd say there's rarely a discernible difference just from replacing a few as in this case. Would I recommend them? For performance, yes, the rear end feels significantly more connected. However, I purchased them through a friend with an account (no particular mates rates I hasten to add, I just wanted to support his business) and when they arrived after eight weeks (the UK disti or the actual company don't seem very good with deadlines) they were missing the trailing arms that when I had ordered them looked/sounded to be part of the '6 piece' kit. They then played silly buggers by denying their site had every shown or described this etc etc and that it was only a 4 piece kit despite my screenshots. So would I buy any more Hardrace stuff? On the strength of the customer experience, absolutely not. On the strength of the product, yes. I'll let you decide whether the latter outweighs the former. Personally I choose not to do business with companies that try to play dirty, or are just incompetent.

Trending Topics

Old 04 March 2021, 04:48 AM
sti ish
Scooby Regular

Yeah don't need that I cant deal with being messed around I did look and hard race it would take a month to get to the UK

Sti group n parts here we come tbh it's one 100 bucks difference so may aswel pay the price at least I don't have to wait ages and have never had an issue