Notices

HARDRACE shifter bushes

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2017, 08:26 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HARDRACE shifter bushes

hello chaps , I had these fitted , and have to say I think after all that id of been better staying with the factory ones, theres slight improvement all round but changing into 1st and 3rd gear has become a slight struggle... has anyone else had this done ? how did you find these? do they eeez up after a wk or so? as they say if it aint broke ... next up the engine mounts mmmm not so sure.
Old 11 May 2017, 06:58 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I loved the feel when I replaced the bushes and fitted a short shifter.
Old 11 May 2017, 05:39 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

hi jdm , I have a feeling mine have poss been fitted wrong... ? is it possible to fit these wrong? I don't think u could . cant even seem to get 3rd gear at times.feel like going back to factory ones, may have to , but will give it couple wks I think . thanks for the reply.
Old 11 May 2017, 06:24 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

If it's just the big round bush then there's only 1 way to fit it, maybe you need to fit new UJ links which alyn at AS performance sells.
I had a beatrush shifter bush fitted along with Alan's uj links bushes and all is sweeet.
Old 11 May 2017, 10:35 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

yes I was thinking along the lines of that. fit something new and it can effect the surrounding parts. im gona have to live with it for now. just cant believe to bushes can throw the gears slightly out of alignment, namely 1st and 3rd. very odd . while I can ask , what u think of idea replacement engine mounts? and gearbox mounts? is this likely to cause more troubles? mines a 99uk classic on 120k . so could do with it I think.