Notices

Fsti / Impreza Sti camber bolts

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2016, 04:58 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts
Default Fsti / Impreza Sti camber bolts

Hi I have an fsti , recently fitted bc coilovers and a slight drop 3/4 inch to an inch , I adjusted the standard front camber bolts to max negative camber any one know how many degrees that gives you , I'm looking to avoid tyre wear as it's just for rose use , any one know a good front camber setting , plus is there any point doing tracking as that's not been touched ,the standard suspension set up is the same as the Sti Impreza new age , Thanks in advance for replies
Old 24 May 2016, 05:22 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Yep, if you've changed the suspension then you'll need the whole lot set back up, tracking, camber, caster, toe on all 4 wheels. Caster may not be adjustable I can't remember.

You will probably need to fit additional camber bolts front & rear to the car to get it set up correctly. Have a look at the whiteline website for part numbers. Very useful.

I set mine to negative 1.3 camber all round, almost neutral toe and trackling neutral. The car does benefit from slightly inward toe settings at the rear if possible.

Have a look at the 2 forester forums for details:

UKforester.com

SubaruForester.org
Old 24 May 2016, 05:35 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 270 Likes on 234 Posts

At 1.3 is the wear ok ? , caster as you say can not be changed , im sure your advice is good , I will probably leave the rears alone I'm just keeping it simple , my main thoughts are the front set up based on purely un spirited road driving
Old 24 May 2016, 05:40 PM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Wear is no issue at all with these settings. I'm running even more aggressive settings on my Impreza of -1.5 front and -2.0 rear and never had any tyre wear issues to date. Lasted just fine but handling was massively improved.

Get both the front & rears set up as it makes a massive difference.