Notices

Advice needed.

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2015, 12:55 PM
Wouldie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed.

Morning all. My name is steve and l own a 2001 wrx impreza bugeye and l need advice. I have had BC coilovers fitted, had all the bushes replaced, including steering rack, diff cradle, gear linkage, gearbox mounts, and a roll centre kit,(Superpro) etc etc. It has new drop links and 22mm adjustable rear arb, had the front arb bushes replaced(Whiteline), a pitch mount and it runs on 225/40/18 efficient grip tyres, yet since doing all of this it still squeaks (n/s rear) when going over bumps, its noisier and the gearbox feels notchy (all fluids/oils changed). Its due for a its first map and fast road set-up end of July. Will this cure its ill's or due l need to look elsewhere for the problem ? Not being an expert on the mechanical side of things its hard to explain, its just the car doesn't have that feel it use to have or smoothness when cornering. Have l over done it on replacing things with very little knowledge of what l'm actually doing ? I think l could be part of the problem.
Old 24 June 2015, 01:20 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Dont forget you have made all the supports stiffer, so they will transfer alot more noise because and you'll find there is less give in the gearchange.
Old 24 June 2015, 01:37 PM
Wouldie
Scooby Regular

Thanks. I'm beginning to think it was mistake to put the superpro bushes in as its done the opposite to what l intend to do. That's what you get when you don't do your research. Looking at going back to OEM bushes in certain areas, diff/gearbox.
Old 24 June 2015, 01:53 PM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Exactly - going to poly bushes particularly for your gearbox mounts introduces NVH.

Was it just the noise that's an issue or did you mean something else by "the car doesn't have that feel it use to have or smoothness when cornering" ?
Old 24 June 2015, 07:23 PM
Wouldie
Scooby Regular

I think the noise which wasn't there before changing the bushes is making me think everything is wrong, when l think once l've had the fast road set-up a lot of the feel of floating on air will disappear. Also changing back to new OEM bushes in certain areas will cure the excessive noise l've created by being like a bull in a china shop and changing things whilst not really knowing what l was doing. Getting shut of the gearbox mounts is one of them. Thanks for the advice chaps. Another lesson learnt.