MeisterR
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbon91
As above building my project blob...

what are the best coilovers to go for?

Thanks ryan
Depends on your budget really.

Will this be a fast road car with occasional track use?

Entry level performance coilovers such as MeisterR Zeta-R will start at £769 and do a good job all rounder.
That is a good starting point.

More advance 1-way adjustable coilovers such as the MeisterR GT1 which are in line with the like of Ohlins DFV will do everything better, but they are £1500+

These are what I would recommend as they are 1-way adjustable which make adjustments nice and easy to get to the damping level that you want to use.

Jerrick
Old 07 May 2014, 12:02 PM
Rbon91
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MeisterR
Depends on your budget really.

Will this be a fast road car with occasional track use?

Entry level performance coilovers such as MeisterR Zeta-R will start at £769 and do a good job all rounder.
That is a good starting point.

More advance 1-way adjustable coilovers such as the MeisterR GT1 which are in line with the like of Ohlins DFV will do everything better, but they are £1500+

These are what I would recommend as they are 1-way adjustable which make adjustments nice and easy to get to the damping level that you want to use.

Jerrick

looking at about 1500ish to spend car will be used more and motre on tracks and sprints as i go hoping to have it done and ready for TOTB this is the build thread:

https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...i-project.html

thanks ryan
Old 07 May 2014, 12:31 PM
-Nic-
Scooby Regular

I've used KW Clubsport's on my Hawkeye.

2-way adjustable, compression & rebound.

Easy to use, you can actually notice 1 click of adjustment, excellent build quality, great after sales support.

Really can't fault them.
Old 07 May 2014, 12:31 PM
-Nic-
Scooby Regular

Last edited by -Nic-; 07 May 2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07 May 2014, 12:33 PM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

looking at about 1500ish to spend car will be used more and motre on tracks and sprints as i go hoping to have it done and ready for TOTB this is the build thread:

https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-4...i-project.html

thanks ryan
If that is the case, the GT1 should fit right into your budget and need.
These are all custom build in the UK, so there is a lead time on them.

We are also adding a few development so may take about 6 - 8 week time (we are engineering some new super low stiction seal out of some newly developed material that has not been used in the suspension world as far as we know).
But getting the seal CAD design and then CNC does take a bit of time.

We just won round one of the MLR Sprint Series Class B with the GT1 coilovers on an EVO6 RS, so it certainly can perform.

And the owner drove 250 miles back home on the road and he said it is comfortable on softer setting, so it is doing the trick for sure.

It will only be better with the new development that we are adding in.

Jerrick
Old 07 May 2014, 12:41 PM
Rbon91
Scooby Regular

If that is the case, the GT1 should fit right into your budget and need.
These are all custom build in the UK, so there is a lead time on them.

We are also adding a few development so may take about 6 - 8 week time (we are engineering some new super low stiction seal out of some newly developed material that has not been used in the suspension world as far as we know).
But getting the seal CAD design and then CNC does take a bit of time.

We just won round one of the MLR Sprint Series Class B with the GT1 coilovers on an EVO6 RS, so it certainly can perform.

And the owner drove 250 miles back home on the road and he said it is comfortable on softer setting, so it is doing the trick for sure.

It will only be better with the new development that we are adding in.

Jerrick

what does 1 way adjustable mean?? very interesting

ryan
Old 07 May 2014, 12:45 PM
fawor
BANNED

As above building my project blob...

what are the best coilovers to go for?

Thanks ryan
best for You not on track and road.
You cant buy best in 2 different places,choose track or road, everything between is not best.
Old 07 May 2014, 12:56 PM
Rbon91
Scooby Regular

Ok then... whats best for track use?

Thanks
Old 07 May 2014, 01:00 PM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

what does 1 way adjustable mean?? very interesting

ryan
1-way adjustable mean there is only 1 adjustment **** to control the damping.
In our case, the damping **** adjust both the compression and rebound at the same time.

The reason I say this is better is because not many driver knows how to adjust a 2-way / 3-way system where there is compression and rebound separate adjustments.

By staying with a 1-way system, we design the compression / rebound ratio and it is sort of set.
So on full hard, we know you are running close to maximum damping force on the said springs rate which mean you are getting the most out of the suspensions.
But on softer setting, we know you will be running about 60% - 80% of the critical damping which makes for a nice fast road car.

That is the beauty of engineering the suspension spec like the GT1, as we can engineer the characteristic we want to provide as well as the adjustment range.

Originally Posted by fawor
best for You not on track and road.
You cant buy best in 2 different places,choose track or road, everything between is not best.
A road suspension could do well on the track, but a track suspension may not do well on the road.

Personally, from working with different race driver through different series, I do find most "driver" do better with a "fast road" suspension setup.

Because with a "race" setup, the car get very nervous.
It will have very high springs rate with high damping force to get the most out of race slick tyres.
However, when the tyres let go, there is no coming back.

We switch a driver from a set of Race Penske to a more fast road suspension setup a few years back.
He cut 3 second off his lap time and won the championship.

It isn't because the Penske was bad, it was because his driver style suited a more "fast road" setup that was more predictable at the limit.

I see it time and time again... which is why I always recommend starting soft then go up from there...
Because the harder the suspension, the less forgiving it is when things step past the limit.

Jerrick
Old 07 May 2014, 01:13 PM
Rbon91
Scooby Regular

1-way adjustable mean there is only 1 adjustment **** to control the damping.
In our case, the damping **** adjust both the compression and rebound at the same time.

The reason I say this is better is because not many driver knows how to adjust a 2-way / 3-way system where there is compression and rebound separate adjustments.

By staying with a 1-way system, we design the compression / rebound ratio and it is sort of set.
So on full hard, we know you are running close to maximum damping force on the said springs rate which mean you are getting the most out of the suspensions.
But on softer setting, we know you will be running about 60% - 80% of the critical damping which makes for a nice fast road car.

That is the beauty of engineering the suspension spec like the GT1, as we can engineer the characteristic we want to provide as well as the adjustment range.

A road suspension could do well on the track, but a track suspension may not do well on the road.

Personally, from working with different race driver through different series, I do find most "driver" do better with a "fast road" suspension setup.

Because with a "race" setup, the car get very nervous.
It will have very high springs rate with high damping force to get the most out of race slick tyres.
However, when the tyres let go, there is no coming back.

We switch a driver from a set of Race Penske to a more fast road suspension setup a few years back.
He cut 3 second off his lap time and won the championship.

It isn't because the Penske was bad, it was because his driver style suited a more "fast road" setup that was more predictable at the limit.

I see it time and time again... which is why I always recommend starting soft then go up from there...
Because the harder the suspension, the less forgiving it is when things step past the limit.

Jerrick
its a hard decistion for me to make as its alot of money for me to put into them and im on a budget building car myself with help from a friend... dont want to shell out alot of money to be dissapointed etc...

ryan
Old 07 May 2014, 01:27 PM
MeisterR
Former Sponsor

its a hard decistion for me to make as its alot of money for me to put into them and im on a budget building car myself with help from a friend... dont want to shell out alot of money to be dissapointed etc...

ryan

We haven't disappointed anyone with the GT1 yet, and that is before we are putting some of the new bits in them.

The GT1 isn't cheap, but you won't find anything in the same price bracket that will provide this level of advance suspension technology.

Each GT1 piston are CNC made in the UK, we only use high heat index oil from Millers, and each are hand build in the UK.

And of course if anything goes wrong, we are only a PM away.
That is why we are here on the forums.

Jerrick
Old 07 May 2014, 01:31 PM
Rbon91
Scooby Regular

We haven't disappointed anyone with the GT1 yet, and that is before we are putting some of the new bits in them.

The GT1 isn't cheap, but you won't find anything in the same price bracket that will provide this level of advance suspension technology.

Each GT1 piston are CNC made in the UK, we only use high heat index oil from Millers, and each are hand build in the UK.

And of course if anything goes wrong, we are only a PM away.
That is why we are here on the forums.

Jerrick
ok mate cheer PM me a price of what you can off suspension wise aswell as coilovers if you off more

thanks ryan