Notices
Subaru Parts This forum contains Subaru parts offered for sale by our members only.

ECUTEKED V/6 ECU

Search this Thread

Old 18 January 2013, 07:46 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECUTEKED V/6 ECU

HI ALL I HAVE A VERSION 5/6 STI ECU WITH ECUTEK LICENCE FEE PAYED TO ANDY CARR SO WHEN U GET IT MAPPED TO YOUR CAR YO ONLY PAY £250 FOR MAP INSTEAD OF £650 FOR MAP AND LICENCE I WANT £150 RING OR TXT 07756321942 CHRIS
Old 21 January 2013, 10:09 PM
ayrton_subaru
Scooby Newbie

interested. whats your best price delivered?
Old 21 January 2013, 10:29 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Hi m8 where are u from
Old 22 January 2013, 10:01 AM
ZX-TT
Scooby Regular

just a heads up but you need the transponder and key fob chip for this to be of any use, otherwise its extra cost to have the ecu sync'd and not all mappers can do this.
Old 22 January 2013, 10:50 AM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Default ????????

Originally Posted by ZX-TT
just a heads up but you need the transponder and key fob chip for this to be of any use, otherwise its extra cost to have the ecu sync'd and not all mappers can do this.
m8 do u even know what you goin on about ???? its an ECU u plug it in to your car then get it mapped its already got an ecutek map on the ecu so the licence fee has been payed to andy car so its only £250 to map it i done exactly the same thing as anybody else who buys this will do i bought the ecu from mat at poleposition then andy car mapped it to my mods for £250 simple no key fob or transponder ?????????????
Old 22 January 2013, 11:01 AM
ZX-TT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fisher357
m8 do u even know what you goin on about ???? its an ECU u plug it in to your car then get it mapped its already got an ecutek map on the ecu so the licence fee has been payed to andy car so its only £250 to map it i done exactly the same thing as anybody else who buys this will do i bought the ecu from mat at poleposition then andy car mapped it to my mods for £250 simple no key fob or transponder ?????????????
Mate do you know what your talking about!! the ECU is linked to a transponder under the dash and a chip in the key fob for the standard factory fit alarm! these 3 things make your car start. without the key fob chip and transponder unit to match the ecu, your car wont start unless you get the ecu matched to the transponder and key fob chip!! which not all mappers have the ability to do.
Unless you have an after market alarm.

I know this as I nearly made the same mistake in a v6 ecu before 2 of the mappers on here kindly pointed this out to me.
Old 22 January 2013, 11:08 AM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Default ????????

Mate do you know what your talking about!! the ECU is linked to a transponder under the dash and a chip in the key fob for the standard factory fit alarm! these 3 things make your car start. without the key fob chip and transponder unit to match the ecu, your car wont start unless you get the ecu matched to the transponder and key fob chip!! which not all mappers have the ability to do.
Unless you have an after market alarm.

I know this as I nearly made the same mistake in a v6 ecu before 2 of the mappers on here kindly pointed this out to me.
well if thats the case why did it work for me and thousands of other people i just bought ecu from mat andy carr plugged it in and mapped it so why did it work with out all these things u say u obviously know a lot more than a top mapper i know lots of people who have bought ecus with no problem as long as its for the right version ????????????
Old 22 January 2013, 11:23 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolute rubbish mate ,if the car is a 99 car it will have a 3pin ecu and have a label E3 on the ecu and is a direct plug and play for a corresponding 99/00 vehicle.
A 2000 MY car has the same 3 pin plug but has a green label stamped with Y7 on it which can be fitted to a 99 car. I know this for a fact as the car I have for sale on here at the momment has the ecu from my previous 99 uk impreza in a 00 car.
You only need the transponder if it is the 97/98 car
Old 22 January 2013, 11:35 AM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
Absolute rubbish mate ,if the car is a 99 car it will have a 3pin ecu and have a label E3 on the ecu and is a direct plug and play for a corresponding 99/00 vehicle.
A 2000 MY car has the same 3 pin plug but has a green label stamped with Y7 on it which can be fitted to a 99 car. I know this for a fact as the car I have for sale on here at the momment has the ecu from my previous 99 uk impreza in a 00 car.
You only need the transponder if it is the 97/98 car
M8 it's a version 5/6 1998 I have 3 1998 ecus from 3 different cars I can plug any one of these into my car and they all start my car they just need mapping to the mods you have on the car to rum properly so before you jump on people's threads get your facts straight if anyone has any questions give Andy Carr a ring he will put u right not idiots who know nothing about ecus
Old 22 January 2013, 12:06 PM
ZX-TT
Scooby Regular

My apologies chap this is relating to Newage cars I must of had my version number mixed up from the info I was sent.

I guess its version 7 Onward's for Newage.

Nice to see the type of people who are on this forum though who would rather jump down someones throat instead of offer advice and correct a mistake.
Old 22 January 2013, 12:13 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Default Hi

My apologies chap this is relating to Newage cars I must of had my version number mixed up from the info I was sent.

I guess its version 7 Onward's for Newage.

Nice to see the type of people who are on this forum though who would rather jump down someones throat instead of offer advice and correct a mistake.
I ain't jumping down anyone's throat just don't like people jumping in and putting people off buying things when they don't know what they talking about u should of read it properly and got your facts straight before jumping and arguing cheers
Old 22 January 2013, 12:15 PM
ZX-TT
Scooby Regular

And im sure you know everything so ill just say GLWS
Old 22 January 2013, 12:18 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down Lol

And im sure you know everything so ill just say GLWS
M8 I ain't the one jumping in people's threads with misleading information
Old 22 January 2013, 12:22 PM
carlstoke63
Scooby Regular

Default Ecu

I must admit I thought you needed the transponders keys and everything else for all scoobys yah learn something everyday on here I've got an ecu transponders keys ignition out of my version 8 wrx this ecu was mapped at 320 with the right mods I'm looking for £250 so you've got to have the transponders for the version 7 & 8 is that right cheers
Old 22 January 2013, 01:56 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M8 it's a version 5/6 1998 I have 3 1998 ecus from 3 different cars I can plug any one of these into my car and they all start my car they just need mapping to the mods you have on the car to rum properly so before you jump on people's threads get your facts straight if anyone has any questions give Andy Carr a ring he will put u right not idiots who know nothing about ecus
I dont know if the comment above was directed at me , but If it is I know a fair old bit about the 99/00 ecus as that is what I stated in my previous post. I took the ecu off my 99 car ,then had Bob Rawle(who ) map my car to the mods which were fitted on my 00 car .Dispite this the map still had to be adjusted even though both my 99 &00 cars had identical mods.
Version 5/6 are import cars,Model Year 99/00 are Uk cars and this only applies if the cars were made after October 1999.
I was not jumping on your thread mate,I just wanted to make people aware that you do not need the transponder key to make your ecu work ,as was stated by the other chap- it just needs a tweak to the map to get it to run correctly as you ve stated

If it was not directed at me then apologies and good look with the sale .

Last edited by midnight; 22 January 2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 22 January 2013, 05:56 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Default hi

Originally Posted by midnight
I dont know if the comment above was directed at me , but If it is I know a fair old bit about the 99/00 ecus as that is what I stated in my previous post. I took the ecu off my 99 car ,then had Bob Rawle(who ) map my car to the mods which were fitted on my 00 car .Dispite this the map still had to be adjusted even though both my 99 &00 cars had identical mods.
Version 5/6 are import cars,Model Year 99/00 are Uk cars and this only applies if the cars were made after October 1999.
I was not jumping on your thread mate,I just wanted to make people aware that you do not need the transponder key to make your ecu work ,as was stated by the other chap- it just needs a tweak to the map to get it to run correctly as you ve stated

If it was not directed at me then apologies and good look with the sale .
hi m8 no wasn't directed at you it was at ZX-TT for jumping on this thread and puttin people off when he should of read it and got facts straight cheers m8
Old 22 January 2013, 05:58 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Default hi m8

Originally Posted by carlstoke63
I must admit I thought you needed the transponders keys and everything else for all scoobys yah learn something everyday on here I've got an ecu transponders keys ignition out of my version 8 wrx this ecu was mapped at 320 with the right mods I'm looking for £250 so you've got to have the transponders for the version 7 & 8 is that right cheers
hi m8 i dont know about newage just classic ones im selling sorry m8
Old 22 January 2013, 08:00 PM
ZX-TT
Scooby Regular

hi m8 no wasn't directed at you it was at ZX-TT for jumping on this thread and puttin people off when he should of read it and got facts straight cheers m8
We're you just born a ****?? I apologised for the error yet your attitude still sucks if I was a buyer I'd be put off just by your general tone, would it of hurt if you knew I was talking about newage by mistake that you pointed that out nicely without being a dick?

Anyway good luck with the sale I hope next time you try to offer helpful advise and make a mistake someone treats you the same
Old 22 January 2013, 08:06 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Default Lol

We're you just born a ****?? I apologised for the error yet your attitude still sucks if I was a buyer I'd be put off just by your general tone, would it of hurt if you knew I was talking about newage by mistake that you pointed that out nicely without being a dick?

Anyway good luck with the sale I hope next time you try to offer helpful advise and make a mistake someone treats you the same
M8 u R the dick read all your comments you were the one who said I ain't got a clue what I was talkin about you were the one arguing when u should of read the post before u jump in I was just defending what I knew was right but u kept on and on just go and jump on another thread and I'm sure u will get same response
Old 22 January 2013, 08:23 PM
ZX-TT
Scooby Regular

We must be reading very different threads? I tried to offer advice based on what i was told on this forum, granted it was incorrect and i apologised yet your still being the dick.Anyway got better things to do then waste my time with you.
Old 22 January 2013, 08:30 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Wink Lol

We must be reading very different threads? I tried to offer advice based on what i was told on this forum, granted it was incorrect and i apologised yet your still being the dick.Anyway got better things to do then waste my time with you.
Well u just answerd your own question u was arguing with me about sum thing that was wrong I know nothing about newage so hadent got a clue what u were going on about anyway if u ain't guna waste your time why u keep posting back and if u want to keep calling me a dick then next time you around this way give me a shout we can av a nice chat
Old 22 January 2013, 10:02 PM
carlstoke63
Scooby Regular

Default Ecu

Cheers fisher for the reply
Old 22 January 2013, 10:04 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Cheers

Originally Posted by carlstoke63
Cheers fisher for the reply
No probs Carl cheers m8
Old 24 January 2013, 10:41 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

enough!!! i suggest a race yes, 10 pound to the winner 1st who gets to 90 mph. rememeber see no evo hear no evo.
Old 24 January 2013, 10:43 PM
fisher357
Scooby Regular

Lol
Old 03 February 2013, 10:23 PM
ayrton_subaru
Scooby Newbie

from n.ireland so is this plug and play then?